Customisation based on skill level.

• Just thinking of online play in games like call of duty, you get xp points and gain levels and perks, new weapons and clothing through gaining these levels. Any plans to implement something like this? It could be great, but would have to be thought about very carefully.

• i personally never liked that system because it meant only people who played for hours a day, day after day, would get the good stuff. a better system would be to give a certain number of points, and make armor/weapons cost a certain amount of points each, naking you able to customize your class while not having to play for hours a day

• I’d want the same possibilities and items for the casual player as well, and not make this a LVL’ing fest.

• Maybe if u would get points of every match you win.
    That would force ppl to communicate and work as a team.
    Am i right?

• Its a really hard balance to strike and something that I don’t think any game has done that well yet. You want to reward players who invest time in playing the game, yet at the same time you don’t want to give them (much of) an advantage over newbies or people who don’t play the game religiously. I guess things like achievements, stats, in-game ‘badges’ for your success are non-gameplay affecting things that developers use as a way for long-time players (some say Achievements are the new ‘high score’), but I think players definitely want something more that will give them a better return in-game.

Its an eternal problem and while I don’t think the team will solve it, it’ll be interesting to see how they choose to handle it

• Then imo, I think they could add like gear/clothing depending on how much you’ve played. But let the gear/clothing not give any advantage, but just the looks. Like, let those who is playing the game 24/7 and who is skilled, let them look different.

Let ppl be able to change like shoulder pads / Helmets / a different longsword or a bow or whatever depending on their rank.

So next time you see this dude who has those bad-ass looking shoulder pads, you know he will probably kill your sorry ass :D

Because that isn’t game-breaking, but more like an intimidation to those newbies. And it will affect those newbies so they also want to look bad-ass which in return will probably keep them playing.

But if you implement this, there should be a wide range of variety and lots of ranks. It shouldn’t be easy to look repellent :twisted:

/over n’ out

• As long as I don’t have to go through 2nd Lieutenant, 2nd Lieutenant I, 2nd Lieutenant II and 2nd Lieutenant III, as on Call of Duty, I’m satisfied.

• @TheRed:

As long as I don’t have to go through 2nd Lieutenant, 2nd Lieutenant I, 2nd Lieutenant II and 2nd Lieutenant III, as on Call of Duty, I’m satisfied.

Yeah well, I rather not have like 55 ranks… Make it maybe 15 maximum, but increase the requirements to earn a rank. So you won’t be maxed rank in 1 week played… That would be lame.

And this is just an idea to keep us hardcore Chivalry players not get tired of the game. And this gives us a small reason to keep playing ;)

• NO FUCKING PERKS.

• @Vox:

i personally never liked that system because it meant only people who played for hours a day, day after day, would get the good stuff. a better system would be to give a certain number of points, and make armor/weapons cost a certain amount of points each, naking you able to customize your class while not having to play for hours a day

I have to agree with you there, and I think I know exactly what system you are talking about. They use that point system in Global Agenda (Grab the demo if you want to see for yourself).

In GA(Global Agenda), you have 15 points, and different pieces of equipment cost different points, and you can reallocate the points whenever in a certain zone.

It goes a bit deeper than that, having player level unlock more items, but in Chivalry, I would advise against a system where you unlock things based on level.

So, I agree with a point allocation system, and disagree with a leveling system.

• I would be annoyed if there was any customization other than looks and some fancy mancy titles for e-peen reasons.

Getting better weapons and such would be SUPER LAME.

• Yeah, purely cosmetic would be better.

• Based on the about section’s info I think it will be just cosmetic.

• Yes, purely cosmetic and for epeen braging rights x) heHEHEHE

• E-peen is serious business in internet games.

No joke.

• Should we start posting stuff,we would like to see, as these cosmetic bragging stuff?

Like for example: “I would like to see a chicken hat.”

• And a title, “Mighty Chicken Slayer”.

Yarhar.

• Excessively Flamboyant.

Just play crusader.

• Developer

No perks, no stat bonuses (aside from +5 to epeen). However gaining reknown on the battlefield will make your officers provide you with alternate equipment selections. This is both to help add variety to the game as well as reward players who invest time into the game by ensuring the same old weapons do not grow stale for them. Keeping in mind that these weapons will not necessarily be better than the stock weapon choices, just different. There will of course also be visual-only upgrades.

• Well, at least no perks for sure, that makes me happy.