epic? no thanks!

• I only bought your game because of steam and now you choose to release on epic first …
    i will not suppüort you anymore and delete all your games from my steam account!

• @bowlor good riddance

• Cry more dude. Epic allows them to have a full team of developers instead of a few people trying to turn a mod into a game. SMH. The problem is Steam’s greed.

• How rude

• @bowlor Epic gives games away for free and epic helps out the dev teams in other ways loads of other ways while steam takes a huge arse chunk from the devs forcing them to charge more for the same product.

• It’s your loss mate, not theirs. I’d rather have everything on steam, but I’m not going to not buy their games because of it…You’re just missing out on a good game.

• why can’t we dislike forum posts? :D
    Well it’s your problem only, just wait a year after release

• @bowlor mordhau yes?

• Damn kid. Really shows how much of a fan you are. Let’s be honest buddy. You never supported this game. If you’re going to leave it just because of epic store you never were a supporter.

• Not buying a fun game because you would rather support a very greedy company over another. Makes no sense. What have you invested in steam? Do they pay you to promote Steam? If not… what is wrong with you?

• amazing tbh. btw epic gives games away often plus on the unreal engine 4 market place
    they also give away assets every month., some cost over $100 to buy usually.

when was the last steam giveaway btw? do they give away expensive games and more
    expensive assets every month? no they don’t at all plus they take 33% cut of sales of game
    from developers. Buy it on epic and avoid armys of the other game romping into publands
    to troll and slaughter players as they would have done on steam .

• Какой ты смешной

• It’s funny that this game started out on the source engine as a mod, then ended up being a epic exclusive.
    I prefer my money to go to a company that supports gaming, rather than taking the cut to buy off companies limiting our choices…

• Mod

@ricsterd1 said in epic? no thanks!:

It’s funny that this game started out on the source engine as a mod, then ended up being a epic exclusive.
    I prefer my money to go to a company that supports gaming, rather than taking the cut to buy off companies limiting our choices…

Epic is paying money to TBS which allows them to fund 4 years of work to make Chiv 2, while Steam use their monopoly to force small dev teams to accept a terrible deal (30% of sales price even before tax is removed) with no support during development.

If Steam want to support devs, they are the most profitable-per-employee company in the US so they can easily afford to do so.

If gamers think Steam is nice, they are forgetting that games won’t be on the store if the devs who make them aren’t supported as well.

• @random428 so what you are saying is, TBS is basically their publisher thats limited to one platform.

• Mod

@ricsterd1 said in epic? no thanks!:

@random428 so what you are saying is, TBS is basically their publisher thats limited to one platform.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. It doesn’t sound like what I said. Chiv 2 is made by TBS and Tripwire is their publisher on PC and with Deep Silver being the publisher on consoles (as I understand it).

The game is launching on two generations of Xbox, two generations of Playstation and on PC, all at the same time with crossplay. After 12 months it will then launch on Steam as well.

• Funny that customers feel the need to defend stores and publishers. “The store i buy from is better than the store you buy from…” Ridiculous.

I agree with OP, would rather buy it on steam. And if the major factor is money returned to devs. Sell the game for more on steam if the % share is less. Id happily pay more for a steam version with better steam API integration,workshop support etc. Or at least have the option too.

Rather than it be EPIC games version, with limited support or nothing.

• @rrp_ said in epic? no thanks!:

Funny that customers feel the need to defend stores and publishers. “The store i buy from is better than the store you buy from…” Ridiculous.

I agree with OP, would rather buy it on steam. And if the major factor is money returned to devs. Sell the game for more on steam if the % share is less. Id happily pay more for a steam version with better steam API integration,workshop support etc. Or at least have the option too.

You’ll be able to buy it on Steam a year after launch, so you’ll have the option.

Though if workshop is a big sticking point for you, remember that Epic has had one since last year.

• @Yurik said in epic? no thanks!:

@rrp_ said in epic? no thanks!:

Funny that customers feel the need to defend stores and publishers. “The store i buy from is better than the store you buy from…” Ridiculous.

You’ll be able to buy it on Steam a year after launch, so you’ll have the option.

Though if workshop is a big sticking point for you, remember that Epic has had one since last year.

Ye, but thats not very customer friendly is it. Or helpful to the devs in the long run. If im already waiting a year, i might aswell wait even longer and get it on sale… We often hear that devs are using epic because they get a better share of profits than steam, which is fair and fine. But why not sell it for more on steam then at the same time? and get the same share of profits no matter the store its sold on, and sell more copies in total.

Workshop isnt the only sticking point, i just find steam to be more feature complete as a platform compared to epic,win10 store,gog,origin store etc. Id buy it on steam over any of those stores, unless the price was considerably less in comparison.

Disappointing to see devs become part of these schemes (Platform exclusivity FOMO) and disappointing to see customers defending it.

• @rrp_ said in epic? no thanks!:

If im already waiting a year, i might aswell wait even longer and get it on sale.

Hope to see you then!