Scripting - Mutators or GameInfo access?

• Hi, excited to learn about how C:MW will go about allowing modding/unrealscript support for the game. Are you guys just going to allow unrealscript mutators, or will you include some of the gametypes (GameInfo, GameReplicationInfo classes) already in the game so that we can make our own gametypes or extend from them as well? This would allow for some pretty heavy modding, even total conversions or anything people wanted really.

• I’m also interested in what level of scripting support there is going to be.

I’m interested in making a mod that overhauls the stamina model to use what I’ve documented here.

In order to do that I’d need to be able to dynamically manipulate stamina burn/return rates for actions, attack damage and block effectiveness, attack/block/bow draw/etc speeds, movement speeds and jump heights. I would like to add variable intensity panting sounds played “in your ear” (so you can hear how tired you are) and at the location of other players (so you can hear how tired they are). Also nice would be variable intensity panting bob and sway offsets to your view direction, and perhaps adding custom shaders. Being able to add some sort of trip/collapse/stand support would also be nice.

I’ve already done this for Oblivion but its scripting support couldn’t do all of this. I’ve not used the UDK before, and probably won’t bother learning unless there is some hope of being able to do this. I can probably work within whatever limitations Chiv has, provided I can do at least half of this.

• Good luck getting the devs to even scratch this one. there really careful what questions they answer and when.
    Considering Tibberius said SDK was gonna be released one week after release, and an American
    dev for chivalry told me 2 weeks after release.
    Im gonna take a wild guess and say we wont know any of these things for another month or two.

• @andske:

Good luck getting the devs to even scratch this one. there really careful what questions they answer and when.
    Considering Tibberius said SDK was gonna be released one week after release, and an American
    dev for chivalry told me 2 weeks after release.
    Im gonna take a wild guess and say we wont know any of these things for another month or two.

The programmers are working their tails off on the first patch instead of SDK… can’t blame them.