This game should not be sold as is – I want a refund

• A warning before buying the game, ensuring the buyer knows this game is far from a finished product, would be nice.

I guess I thought for 25 bucks I’d at least be able to see servers. Nope. After time spent investigating that issue, I now see the servers, but another bug is preventing me from joining any of them.

I’m not against paying for a beta-level product, but I want to know it beforehand. I was not told ANYWHERE in the trailer for the game, or the game’s website, or the game’s page on Steam, that this game would be so unfinished that I can’t even play it right now.

This game and other games like it should have BETA stamped in bold across its Steam page and they should market it as the unfinished work in progress that it is – personally, I never would have given the money if I knew what stage this game was in. I feel deceived by Steam and the makers of this game and I would like a refund.

• Re: Release Hotfix 1
    by Tibberius » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:24 pm

LATEST UPDATE ON SERVERS: STEAM RESPONSE - “We are aware of the issue and are investigating what is currently causing the issue. This is something with our servers and not your side.” Apologize for all inconvenience, it turns out it is a STEAM issue, and not related to the latest Hotfix. Will keep you updated!
    Tibberius
    Team Lead
    Knight

• I am very happy with my purchase, I know full and well that ANY game comes with various bugs. I haven’t had very many on this one. Glad to see it!

• How about having some patience rather than complaining.
    I’ve spent far more dollars on games that don’t work…period.

Every game has bugs, don’t expect a 100% bug free game upon release.

I know that these are “game breakers” though, so the bugs are pretty severe as they stop you from enjoying the awesome multiplayer fun, but, the devs are onto a fix, so have some patience.

• you should learn and play some others games and so get some objectivity about what games are today, then come back with a fresh review: you will then know how amazing chivalry is even with some tweaks and bugfix to do, and you will delete your dumb thread

• Why do people always start bitching and demanding full refunds and threatening to never to buy a game from a developer ever again if there are some little inconveniences at release?

Stop expecting perfect software and at least give the devs a week to iron out any serious issues that occur on release.

• @Otreum:

you are wrong here…

I don’t want to be shown disrespectful on makers or to you,because i really love this game and this whole idea and i respect this project.

but in fact,he is kinda right.we as buyers “Demand” a good,not buggy game,since we actually pay for it.and you are wrong because most of the games that come out are not buggy or at least they are 95% bug free.we do not demand a 100% bug free,but we demand a 90% bug free game.

Right now,you can actually see that there is a whole list with problems that comes out in support section and even with a hotfix released,major of problems still not solved.and none of us is forced to look for the solution because we expect a fine working game(since creators are owed to find these solutions and solve them).

Now i’m not gonna be like this guy who asks about refund because i can wait till i fix it and will keep trying to find the solution,but the truth is that makers should have been aware of these problems before it got released.thats why there is the beta period,and the testers.

And @Schdcd i don’t think you have the right to call it “bitching” since he thinks he was somehow scammed.this is a payable game,not a free-mod for some other game.

• HA! All games have bugs in it.

• The point is that good games don’t have as many bugs as this one does.

Respectable games aren’t coded like a piece of crap and take your money at the same time.

The difference matters.

• i own chivalry since the first day it came out. And ranked to lvl 9 the same day. but i have been having problems rank resets, lagg, disconnections, and now like allot of others i cannot even connect to a server anymore these kind of (bugs) should have been taken care off in the beta i pay for a game and i want to be able to play. if this was a beta then it would be fine but it isnt they released it didnt they. i was realy happy to see the hotfix but it only worked for 5 minutes. so now what whe just wait? are they fixing this as i type? please some answers thanks

• Steam……

• i think ill be asking for my money back also…

• @Kaise:

@Otreum:

you are wrong here…

I don’t want to be shown disrespectful on makers or to you,because i really love this game and this whole idea and i respect this project.

but in fact,he is kinda right.we as buyers “Demand” a good,not buggy game,since we actually pay for it.and you are wrong because most of the games that come out are not buggy or at least they are 95% bug free.we do not demand a 100% bug free,but we demand a 90% bug free game.

Right now,you can actually see that there is a whole list with problems that comes out in support section and even with a hotfix released,major of problems still not solved.and none of us is forced to look for the solution because we expect a fine working game(since creators are owed to find these solutions and solve them).

Now i’m not gonna be like this guy who asks about refund because i can wait till i fix it and will keep trying to find the solution,but the truth is that makers should have been aware of these problems before it got released.thats why there is the beta period,and the testers.

And @Schdcd i don’t think you have the right to call it “bitching” since he thinks he was somehow scammed.this is a payable game,not a free-mod for some other game.

Ehm this… +1

Playing the game and having loads of fun, but it’s unfinished, and probably needed about a month more of developing.

• Some bugs are one thing, but I and at least several others can’t even start the game… Can’t even see the startup splash screen. I’ve seen very little response to this issue, barely a recognition that it exists.

I’m trying to be patient because I’d like to play the game, but eventually there will come a point where I’ll need a refund as well.

• @beamanbr:

Some bugs are one thing, but I and at least several others can’t even start the game… Can’t even see the startup splash screen. I’ve seen very little response to this issue, barely a recognition that it exists.

I’m trying to be patient because I’d like to play the game, but eventually there will come a point where I’ll need a refund as well.

+1 this i have had the game for nearly a week now and havent been able to play it once i have posted about it at least 4 times in different posts but still havent got any help yet bit of a joke at this stage

• Yeah, I don’t know if will go so far as to get a refund, but…

1. The game as a product sucks
    2. They didn’t give us what we paid our money for
    3. The released an alpha product and lied to us by saying it was complete
    4. I can’t even play the stupid game
    5. I hate the eighteen trillion bugs in the game
    6. The devs are terrible coders
    7. I regret giving any money for this game

• @Seventeen:

Yeah, I don’t know if will go so far as to get a refund, but…

1. The game as a product sucks
    2. They didn’t give us what we paid our money for
    3. The released an alpha product and lied to us by saying it was complete
    4. I can’t even play the stupid game
    5. I hate the eighteen trillion bugs in the game
    6. The devs are terrible coders
    7. I regret giving any money for this game

A lot of this is opinion not fact.

• The entire post was meant to be my opinion.

• I’m really getting tired of reading whiny posts like this from kids with entitlement issues.

Can we fast-forward a few months or something to a time when these people will have whined their way into quitting? That would be good.

As the Devs have said, these issues are on STEAM’s end. Complain to Valve.

Or better yet, suck it up, don’t complain, and realize that you only spent 25 DOLLARS and that your life will not end if you have to go a day or two without playing this game.

• Nah there is a good game underneath the bad coding and I spent $75 during Kickstarter, so fast forwarding a few months would probably make me play more rather than quit.

The thing is, every one of my problems with the game wouldn’t exist if they’d just worked on it for another 6 - 12 months. Notice that I don’t actually have an qualms with any game decisions- just game development. They’ve got the fun part down pat, but they fail the ‘this is actually a working game’ part miserably. I haven’t said anything like wishing the devs would go die in a fire, or demand a refund, or call this the worst game in history (all of which would be stupid)- I am just aware that the developers haven’t done their job properly and have lied about giving us a complete experience/game.

Would also remind you that paying for something entitles you to that product or service… If it was a really boring, unentertaining game then that can’t be helped. You’re still getting what you paid for in a sense. When the game is missing and all you have are a bunch of bugs though, the package you receive is missing the content promised in the transaction.

Blah blah blah the game is crap right now