Magick

• I understand there are people who enjoy this game for its more realistic aspects. I really just like playing with swords. And axes and shields. And catapults and battering rams.

And I bet I’d like playing the game with a little bit of magic. I don’t necessarily need a magic fifth class. The Wizard could be something special per map like The King, and that would be cool. But I think having a layer of Magick in the lore would add a sense of scale and flavor to the story. I have a million ideas, but these are the ones I could think of that seem like they could be doable.

Example #1: This one changes the focus of the battle to something you can’t predict. One team has a relic that it has to transport from one side of the map to the other. The relic can either be a carry-able like the torch or a push-cart (Raiders of the Lost Ark?). The relic has to grant a special ability either an active like a spell or an enchantment aura. This can change every time the map is played, so the defending team won’t know how to deal with it until it starts. Sometimes the relic gives a firewall spell, sometimes chainlighting, and other times enhanced speed or healing.

Example #2: A Necromancer map where one of the Masons spawns as a Necromancer that summons the undead out of the fallen. It would make for an interesting push mechanic being able to revive corpses. Headless enemies can’t be headshotted 8-). I’m unsure if these zombies/skeletons should be player controlled or AI (or even if they should act the same as the regular characters). This would definitely make the Masons look more like heretics, though.

Example #3: This one is about making the player feel really small. Extraordinarly large NPC creatures are pushing their way down an open battlefield towards a castle. They block arrows from hitting the assault team, but they will stop to fight defenders on the ground. They have long, slow attacks, and enemies can sometimes set them on fire to really slow them down.

tldr; please make an expansion called Chivalry & Magick. I will help come up with more ideas and buy a lot of copies. Thanks.

• Magic shouldn’t be in the vanilla game.

BUT it is a good mod idea, and I’m sure we will see a SWORD AND SORCERY mod.

• People can make it if they want.

It’s like…gamers haven’t had Mod tools in so long, they forget they don’t need to wait for developers to make said content.

• @anothergod:

I understand there are people who enjoy this game for its more realistic aspects. I really just like playing with swords. And axes and shields. And catapults and battering rams.

And I bet I’d like playing the game with a little bit of magic. I don’t necessarily need a magic fifth class. The Wizard could be something special per map like The King, and that would be cool. But I think having a layer of Magick in the lore would add a sense of scale and flavor to the story. I have a million ideas, but these are the ones I could think of that seem like they could be doable.

Example #1: This one changes the focus of the battle to something you can’t predict. One team has a relic that it has to transport from one side of the map to the other. The relic can either be a carry-able like the torch or a push-cart (Raiders of the Lost Ark?). The relic has to grant a special ability either an active like a spell or an enchantment aura. This can change every time the map is played, so the defending team won’t know how to deal with it until it starts. Sometimes the relic gives a firewall spell, sometimes chainlighting, and other times enhanced speed or healing.

Example #2: A Necromancer map where one of the Masons spawns as a Necromancer that summons the undead out of the fallen. It would make for an interesting push mechanic being able to revive corpses. Headless enemies can’t be headshotted 8-). I’m unsure if these zombies/skeletons should be player controlled or AI (or even if they should act the same as the regular characters). This would definitely make the Masons look more like heretics, though.

Example #3: This one is about making the player feel really small. Extraordinarly large NPC creatures are pushing their way down an open battlefield towards a castle. They block arrows from hitting the assault team, but they will stop to fight defenders on the ground. They have long, slow attacks, and enemies can sometimes set them on fire to really slow them down.

tldr; please make an expansion called Chivalry & Magick. I will help come up with more ideas and buy a lot of copies. Thanks.

It would be interesting to have magic in the game. If you have played Might & Magic Multiplayer, you would know how fun it could be.

HOWEVER

You don’t realize how difficult it would be to make this into reality, not to mention balacing tweaks. Traditional classes would need to have some sort of additional traits to counter wizards.

There is a very small chance this idea may become an actual game. About 0.000000001%.

Also, I have really nothing against you and I’m just being honest, but your ideas don’t sound great at all. I suggest you play some other game. There are literally a handful of games that have magic and swords. Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, etc.

• What I was suggesting was to have a very small amount of magic to add flavor to the world of Chivalry, and not change the main gameplay. Having an entire class devoted to it would totally throw the balance of the gameplay off. But now that I’ve read the forum more, I understand that vanilla Chivalry is mostly about MELEE COMBAT.

Still kinda want to see a Longsword that shoots chain lightning everytime it strikes… I’ll definitely be looking into making a mod, though.

• I thought suggestion #2 was a fucking amazing idea. Especially if the players could control the dead ^_^.