32 bit dx9

• i notice that the game runs @ 32 bit using dx9 , will it ever run @ 64bit using dx11???

• You can force dx11 by adding “-dx11” to the command line in the start up options for the game.

• really, i will try that, thanks.

tried -dx11 in launch options game still runs @ dx9

• Doing something wrong then. Runs in DX11 for me. MSI Afterburner even reports it.

• hmmm…

i simply right clicked on properties and opened “set launch options” and added -dx11 then started the game. but when i opened task manager it shows chivalry"medieval warfare 32bit dx9.

im running a laptop that uses the i7 920 extreme with two geforce 250m cards in sli and they are dx11 compatible.

• @dirtyjob:

hmmm…

i simply right clicked on properties and opened “set launch options” and added -dx11 then started the game. but when i opened task manager it shows chivalry"medieval warfare 32bit dx9.

im running a laptop that uses the i7 920 extreme with two geforce 250m cards in sli and they are dx11 compatible.

No they are not. DX10.1

Not DX11.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeF … 669.0.html

• ahhhhh, i stand corrected, i was in my nvidia cp and it said directx runtime version 11 but after having read your link i now see, ill try -dx10 then in launch cmd ?

• I tried this. Graphically it looks identical, but it cut my fps by half.

• You’re not going to get any performance or quality increase by changing the DirectX version

That doesn’t even make sense

• @Swayze’s:

You’re not going to get any performance or quality increase by changing the DirectX version

No but what it does allow you to do is use MSAA. Which seems to muck up the weapon selection screen and not worth it at the moment. But you do get a small gain in graphics, with about a 25% increase in work for your GPU.

• @Chuckdatass:

@Swayze’s:

You’re not going to get any performance or quality increase by changing the DirectX version

No but what it does allow you to do is use MSAA. Which seems to muck up the weapon selection screen and not worth it at the moment. But you do get a small gain in graphics, with about a 25% increase in work for your GPU.

There is no increase in visual quality, this is not even possible. Enabling features like MSAA maybe, but the actual rendering of the game is not going to change

• @Swayze’s:

There is no increase in visual quality, this is not even possible. Enabling features like MSAA maybe, but the actual rendering of the game is not going to change

Are you saying MSAA makes no changes on a games graphical appearance?

• @Chuckdatass:

@Swayze’s:

Are you saying MSAA makes no changes on a games graphical appearance?

AA would be considered separately in “visual quality” in this sense, visual quality meaning things like textures, lighting, DX features since we were talking about DX, etc

AA is an “on top” feature that’s not related to the basic “visual quality” of the game in other words

• It makes the game look prettier, with less jagged edges. That’s the point. I don’t know what you are trying to argue. But unless you like more jagged edges, MSAA does make it look “better”.

• @Chuckdatass:

It makes the game look prettier, with less jagged edges. That’s the point. I don’t know what you are trying to argue. But unless you like more jagged edges, MSAA does make it look “better”.

I’ll spell it out for you since I didn’t spell it out plainly enough the first time

AA just sits “on top” of the existing visual quality of the game, it does not enhance the lighting, textures, specularity, shadowing, models, nothing. It’s an “on top” feature. It’s not related to the “visual quality” of the game. This is now a semantic argument. /thread

• Visual Quality
    “the character, condition, and quality of a scenic landscape or other visual resource and how it is perceived, preferred, or otherwise valued by the public.”

http://www.borealforest.org/nwgloss13.htm

MSAA makes me perceive it differently. Different in a good way. So it enhances Visual Quality. That’s all I have to say on the matter.