If i buy the game on epic, will i get a copy for steam ?

• Hi,

I don’t know why you guys do a one-year exclusive launch on a broken platform “epic”.
    Epic platform is not customer-friendly and has a very bad interface.
    It’s a chance that the game will be dead on launch.
    I guess most people will wait for the launch on steam, perhaps also me…
    Can you guys not make a deal, if you buy the game on epic, you’ll also get a copy on steam?
    Most games are offered such deals, for example, fall out 76 did it.
    I hope you consider this because if you don’t do this, you are gonna lost a shitload of people.

• Mod

@TheEmperor

Chiv 2 is also launching on both current current gen and next gen consoles with full crossplay so I doubt it will be dead on launch. That’s a pretty big potential playerbase.

Epic is less anti-consumer than Valve / Steam if that’s an issue for you. Just search for some of the court cases raised against Valve and their monopoly, plus how they protect their monopoly, or their lovely new China government-approved Steam version.

• @random428 you didn’t answer my question, for the free copy on steam.

• Mod

@TheEmperor said in If i buy the game on epic, will i get a copy for steam ?:

@random428 you didn’t answer my question, for the free copy on steam.

That’s because I don’t 100% know the answer. I think it’s extremely unlikely, though.

If you bought a second copy on Steam, you might be able to keep the same progress, but once again, I’m not 100% sure - I don’t think that has been announced as a feature. I’m hopeful it will be possible.

• If you buy something from one store do you expect to be able to return it to another retailer? both will work on the same computer. your loyalty to a greedy company is silly.

• @sir_beavis Loyalty must be earned. You can’t get that just handing out freebies. Well, at least for everyone.

• @Rasteri Why be loyal to a company that isn’t going to be loyal to you?

What has valve done that makes you only shop there? I don’t get it.

• @sir_beavis Who said I only shop in Steam? I certainly didn’t.

• @random428 What does china have anything to do with this?

Stop the anti asian hate

• It´s a very interesting question, specially what concerns about progress and leveling. It would be great that your accont is linked to every platform you play in (Epic, Steam, Xbox). I don´t mind if you have to buy another copy, but saving progress and linking it to your Chivalry account is something vital and essential to me.

• Mod

@Krieger3 said in If i buy the game on epic, will i get a copy for steam ?:

It´s a very interesting question, specially what concerns about progress and leveling. It would be great that your accont is linked to every platform you play in (Epic, Steam, Xbox). I don´t mind if you have to buy another copy, but saving progress and linking it to your Chivalry account is something vital and essential to me.

The devs have not been able to fully confirm this yet, but they have said they are going to try implement it (not at launch, but afterwards). A Steam version won’t be available until later so they have another 12 months post-launch to get it ready (if possible).

• @random428 said in If i buy the game on epic, will i get a copy for steam ?:

@Krieger3 said in If i buy the game on epic, will i get a copy for steam ?:

It´s a very interesting question, specially what concerns about progress and leveling. It would be great that your accont is linked to every platform you play in (Epic, Steam, Xbox). I don´t mind if you have to buy another copy, but saving progress and linking it to your Chivalry account is something vital and essential to me.

The devs have not been able to fully confirm this yet, but they have said they are going to try implement it (not at launch, but afterwards). A Steam version won’t be available until later so they have another 12 months post-launch to get it ready (if possible).

We’ll have to see what happens. Thanks for the knowledge.

• @sir_beavis I personally prefer to buy games on Steam because of the social & community content available. I can access user created guides or forums while in-game using the overlay without having to alt-tab or chase something down on google (which usually leads back to a post on Steam forums anyways). Even modding games and managing mods is easier on Steam with the Workshop. The few games that I have bought on other platforms or the developer’s website have left me without easy access to that content while costing me the same if I had waited and bought it on Steam.

I’m not saying Valve is the greatest ever, but when it comes to having community content Steam is top tier (I would say that GoG is a close second).