Steam only or separate client as well?

• Hello, me and my friends want to purchase the game, but I wanted to know whether the game launches in steam only. I mean, if you purchase it through the developer’s site and not in steam, can you avoid playing through the steam client? I generally try avoiding it since it’s such a resource hog. thanx in advance.

• Sadly you do need Steam for this.

• oh ok ty for the fast reply

• Steam.

Resource Hog?

Yeah, you’re a troll.

Without Steam, this game wouldn’t exist.

• @Mkilbride:

Steam.

Resource Hog?

Yeah, you’re a troll.

Steam does have memory leaks often when it has been left open for an extended period of time. I usually just restart it though. Though as a PC gamer, I would say Steam is probably a must have but that’s what I think.

• @policymaker:

Hello, me and my friends want to purchase the game, but I wanted to know whether the game launches in steam only. I mean, if you purchase it through the developer’s site and not in steam, can you avoid playing through the steam client? I generally try avoiding it since it’s such a resource hog. thanx in advance.

If your system is struggling to run Steam. You will not be able to run this game then.

• @Mkilbride:

Steam.

Resource Hog?

Yeah, you’re a troll.

Im sry that not every1 gets the chance to buy a new pc every year. If u were anywhere near older than 11 you would know that. It must get really lonely in ur sad golden ivory tower.

to every1 else ty, yeah I can run steam and this game pretty adequately, im just really sensitive when it comes to additional stuff running in the background

• @policymaker:

@Mkilbride:

Steam.

Resource Hog?

Yeah, you’re a troll.

Im sry that not every1 gets the chance to buy a new pc every year. If u were anywhere near older than 11 you would know that. It must get really lonely in ur sad golden ivory tower.

to every1 else ty, yeah I can run steam and this game pretty adequately, im just really sensitive when it comes to additional stuff running in the background

I’m 23.

My PC from 2001 can run Steam without issues.

• @policymaker:

@Mkilbride:

Steam.

Resource Hog?

Yeah, you’re a troll.

Lol, it’s called a job.

• Yeah Steam is almost a must if you’re a gamer these days, but sheesh guys that doesn’t mean everybody has to love it.

• @Kwal:

Yeah Steam is almost a must if you’re a gamer these days, but sheesh guys that doesn’t mean everybody has to love it.

Not that. It’s the reason for him not liking it; claiming it is a Resource hog…when it barely uses 5MB of RAM for me at least.

• @Mkilbride:

@Kwal:

Yeah Steam is almost a must if you’re a gamer these days, but sheesh guys that doesn’t mean everybody has to love it.

Not that. It’s the reason for him not liking it; claiming it is a Resource hog…when it barely uses 5MB of RAM for me at least.

I have nothing against steam, I actually totally respect and acknowledge valve’s work with the platform over the years, but as an experienced pc user I would rather avoid it with my current setup. It just makes sense for me to choose the steam-less experience if a game provides it, and believe me ive had my fair share of happy steam-time online with friends. In any case I do intend to buy the game anyway