Game won't launch

• After the hotfix I cannot start the game from steam. I try to launch it and it says preparing to launch for about a second then comes to an error reading “This game is currently unavailable (unspecified error)” I have tried reinstalling the game completely and verifying integrity of game cache and still does not work

My PC Specs

CPU: AMD Anthlon II X2 240 2.80 GHz
    Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 Sapphire 512MB
    Ram: 3.0 GB

it ran fine before hotfix now doesn’t even launch thanks for the support.

• Can you attach My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs\Launch.log

Thanks.

• @b3h47pte:

Can you attach My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs\Launch.log

Thanks.

sorry forgot to put this up here it is

• so is there a way the fix this problem would like to play today

• [edit]nvm

• Will there be any replies to this problem with possible fixes that I could try? Or are others having this problem and you are working on a fix. This is all I want to know, so I will have some idea when I can play this awesome game again.

Thanks

• I have another error “disk read error”, but i can launch the game with the Launcher in the “Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare” folder

• Madilla, b3h47pte will follow up with you soon. Your post was at about 4 am in his time zone.

• @Andrew:

Madilla, b3h47pte will follow up with you soon. Your post was at about 4 am in his time zone.

ok thanks :D

• Developer

Madilla: that log file actually showed no issues whatsoever. What happens if you directly launch UDK from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32 (or wherever it’s installed)? If there’s an error message about a DLL, there’s advice in http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3136

• when i try to run the UDK.exe in the win32 folder it comes up with an error message like this “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item”

• Developer

That’s… bizzare. Try right clicking on it, going to Compatibility, and checking “Run this program as an administrator”. There could be some funky permissions issue going on in your Steam folder, not really sure. It’s not even getting as far as launching the game by the sounds of it.

• The same error came up when I run it as administrator and when I run it in compatibility mode and when I try both at the same time. I don’t know if it is missing files or not because I have reinstalled the game completely and I still receive the same error.

• Still not able to play, would like some more help. Thanks

• Developer

Eh, okay, two general permissions-related fixes then:

• Right click on the Steam directory (in Program Files), click Properties, click Security, click Edit. Click Add, then type in your Windows username, then click OK on the Add window. Back in the Permissions window, click your username which is now in the list, and click the check box beside “Full control” and below “Allow”.

• If that doesn’t work for some reason, install this. The, right click the Steam folder in Explorer and click “Take Ownership”. Wait for the little tool to finish.

Let me know if either works. If they don’t, it could be some system file or something else altogether that has broken permissions.

• Sadly this didn’t work. It is still coming up with the same error. I decided to try to verify the game cache again it completes that and when i try to launch the game again it comes up with the first time setup installing the prerequisite. It completes the installation and then it comes up with the same error. Don’t know if this will help solve the problem any faster but thought it could end up being helpful.

Thanks

• So do you have any other ideas on what might be causing the problem?

• still haven’t received a reply in days, it has been like 13 days since i have been able to play… i would really like to play again since the game was so fun while i could play.

• yeah i bought the game because i loved the game age of chivalry and this looked 100x better so i bought it went to start and had the exact same problem as the person who had posted the thread
    im kinda sad because the game looks fun

• @maggott:

yeah i bought the game because i loved the game age of chivalry and this looked 100x better so i bought it went to start and had the exact same problem as the person who had posted the thread
    im kinda sad because the game looks fun

I haven’t been able to play for weeks. I would like this to be fixed so I can play again