Mace and chain (Flail)

• I know this weapon would be very hard to make (the physics and all that) but it is IMO one of the most interesting and fearsome medieval weapons. It would probably be wielded by the MaA as a primary and the Knight as a secondary. It would be very effective against armor, like the other maces. You would be able to “ready” it by spinning it around, gaining momentum and increasing the damage when you strike.
    However, the most important thing about this weapon would be it’s ability to get around shields if aimed and swung correctly. I just think this would be a great addition to the game, and may help with the well known and complained about issue of shield-whoring. I hope the devs consider this.

• Already planned. It was in AoC, so it’s coming here.

• @Mkilbride:

Already planned. It was in AoC, so it’s coming here.

Will/did it have the physics I described such as “readying” it and getting around shields?

• Are you talking about the Flail? That is confirmed and is planned for the future. I don’t know about the physics, but I hope they get it to work as it should. It will be difficult to implement though.

• Yes, it has the physics you speak of, though people do not like them, as it causes alot of unpredictability in a skill based game.

• looking forward to see the flail here…

• The flail asset is already in the game files. My guess is that they’re tweaking the physics of it.

• sweet cant wait

• Will be the only Mace I’m gonna hurt myself with…

• @Easterlake:

Will be the only Mace I’m gonna hurt myself with…

:D

I hope that it will be this way:
    If flail hits your shield with the tip - you are safe.
    If flail hits your shield with the chain - the tip hits you (if the chain between the shield and the tip behind it is long enough to hit you ).