Post Alpha testing 8-12th April 2021
I opened this thread in order to provide my feedback after 15+ hours on this alpha trial, and wasn’t sure if there wasn’t another thread already dedicated to this. Here it goes !
As a “casually competitive” player of medieval slashers myself, I’d like to start first by stating that I had A LOT of fun playing this weekend !
Coming from Chiv 1 / Mordhau / Bannerlords / Gloria victis, I was pleased with how Chiv2 managed to keep to key elements of epic battles, skillbased gameplay AND gruesome gore to a formidable and refreshing recipee.
Here are a few comments / suggestions I’d like to highlight as the game is progressing towards a very highly anticipated release :
- Team Deathmatch : survivors of the loosing team should be able to fight until the end
- Known issues about Heir spawn in conquest mode
- Some 1 handed weapons are not penalized enough by a successful parry+counter from the oponent ==> they get to “gamble”
- combo from polearms such as slash into estoc are not sufficently readable, the estoc damages seem to come out too early
- the downed state & dismembered/fleshwound moments seem very random, hard to predict. This could be a problem for competitive play. From my own perspective, downed state does not bring any value to the gameplay, I’d rather have dismemberement/fleshwound effect only
Other than that, very very fun, 1vX is hard yet playable thanks to the successful counter effect, however I know some other players feel it might be a little too strong. To keep in mind.
Hope this helps, I look forward to bringing Agatha’s Lion to his knees, “end priviledge based on bith!!!”
thanks for the advice i was looking for some alpha testers to inform myself