Hit his soft spot!

• I was wondering if you hit the enemy in the same spot where u hit him the first time will it do more damage than it would lets say you hit him in a new location?

That would make fights a lil more skill based and definitely ramp up some boasting on how accurate people can be.

Ex. Hit the guy in the shoulder with a overhead attack. Now hes hurting and if you hit him in the same spot it will probably just kill him vs hitting him in the arm or in the chest?

just a thought.

• sounds good…I think if the player has not been damaged in that spot for a bit (one minute) it beomes strong again.

• Not a bad idea, but I won’t mind if it doesn’t get implemented either. Sounds like quite a lot of work for only a minor change, tbh.

• Personally, I think something like this is more luck based rather than skilled based - there are people who won’t try it, and be able to pull it off and get lucky, and there are others who may attempt it but miss; also attacks like the overhead would generally be easier to pull off to hit the ‘same spot’ twice.

• I don’t know how many hitboxes models will have, but I don’t think there would be enough for this idea to make the game more skill based. All I can picture is,“I hit him in the arm! I hit him in the arm again and he took ludicrous damage!” While I’m in favor of skill based play I don’t know if this would add to it. I’d like this idea more if I thought a great deal of precision would be necessary.

• But it really is skill based to be honest. Youd have to be on your toes once your get hit by the guy meaning youd have to block more often and play a little more defensive, AND making it more skillful to parry things. And probably make the Stabs not be able to have that effect because its not doing any bone bruising or bone crunching so lets take the stabbing out. Idk just a an idea to ponder on

• @Blaine:

Personally, I think something like this is more luck based rather than skilled based - there are people who won’t try it, and be able to pull it off and get lucky, and there are others who may attempt it but miss; also attacks like the overhead would generally be easier to pull off to hit the ‘same spot’ twice.

I was thinking the same concerning overhead when I read the suggestion. Overhead is already the “best” attack in aoc because it is easy to hit the head (actually it is hard NOT to hit the head :P) and you don’t kill your team. This change would favor overhead even more and would render slash and stab vastly inferior.