Special Weapon Uses

• I’m kinda confused with how to deal with special weapons and their uses (also, are there more planned items? I feel like there should be). I never see anyone using smoke bombs and very rarely see people trying to use firebombs. I actually think smoke bombs might be bugged on my PC :(

I use throwing axes and knives sometimes, but that’s because I want to do stuff while I’m running into combat. The best use I saw for these wasn’t before a battle, but after while someone is running away. Also, I don’t know why I can’t have them and a shield considering shields don’t even take up the “3” slot, but I don’t use my shield much anyways.

• smoke bombs are good for covering movement so you don’t get shot or so you can flank.

Firepots I see used all the time, throwing them into a group really splits everything up and allows you to pick off people with a couple of hits.

knives/axes are great to initiate combat, kill runners, or disrupt archers.

shields are shields

etc

They are all good

• I think everything is balanced great right now you just have to use things what theyre meant to be used for and success is guaranted.

• The Crossbowman Pavise Shield is quite a useful tool. You can block off entrances\ledges temporarily, be practically immune to projectiles on your back & use it for it’s intended use.
    But i mostly just show my back these days when i reload and i know there are archers nearby.

• I think smoke bombs need a buff to produce more smoke as you only get 1 bomb.

• Firepots are excellent to use when covering objectives. For example one trebuchet pad.

Smokebomb right now are pretty bad. Don’t contribute very much, they need a buff.

• @GamingShyGuy:

Firepots are excellent to use when covering objectives. For example one trebuchet pad.

Smokebomb right now are pretty bad. Don’t contribute very much, they need a buff.

Longer duration would be nice. 20 seconds will give plenty of cover because you have only one.

• I started using a Man at Arms with a firebombs, and it was definitely more that the community doesn’t use them than anything else. If I’m not mistaken you can throw down the bomb and then run THROUGH the fire, right? That’s pretty epic.

But yeah, the smoke bombs didn’t seem to do much.

Can you parry arrows/knives/axes? I feel as though making projectiles slightly faster but parryable might make it better…

• @ChJees:

@GamingShyGuy:

Firepots are excellent to use when covering objectives. For example one trebuchet pad.

Longer duration would be nice. 20 seconds will give plenty of cover because you have only one.

Can’t wait for the 10 vanguards per team to hotbox the throne room…

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

@ChJees:

@GamingShyGuy:

Can’t wait for the 10 vanguards per team to hotbox the throne room…

lol, 2H vanguards would be the worst class with zero visibility.

• I think you’ll find that smoke goes unused in many games that feature it. The smoke bombs can be used effectively, its just rare to find players who can accept somethig in their arsenal that doesnt directly do damage.

• In darkest hour dog green sector one person throwing smoke was pretty much vital to success. But the smoke cloud is too small in this game and it has no place in a game where ranged attacks are so weak.