Unlink dodge and jump

• Can you please add a way to unlink these in the controls? I hate jumping when I want to dodge and I hate dodging when I want to jump.

• +1

Having the option to double-tap A/S/D for dodge would be nice.

On the subject of dodge, what are the thoughts of a dodge forward? I think itd be a nice offensive option to disrupt an opponents timing. As we walk towards each other, can I begin a wind-up heavy attack, or will he dash forward and poke? etc etc and the further mind-games ensue.

• @sharkh20 Yeah they don’t mind giving you 15 buttons you have to bind for attacks, but separating dodge and jump? That’s a bridge too far!

They are 2 totally different maneuvers which accomplish two different things. This is another clear symptom of being designed for consoles first and foremost.

@buderburg said in Unlink dodge and jump:

On the subject of dodge, what are the thoughts of a dodge forward?

Have you tried turning your back on them really fast and dodging backwards behind them? It’s fun

• @buderburg that would be game breaking, it would literally become of a game of spears and foward dashes

• @juliansrevenge said in Unlink dodge and jump:

@buderburg that would be game breaking, it would literally become of a game of spears and foward dashes

If there was an actual forward dash-attack, maybe. But the forward dash/dodge would still have its recovery frames, and you could very well just dash into an incoming slash before you could get your own attack off. Its all mind games just like any other mechanic.