Carry over from Epic Store game copy to Steam after Steam launch?

• Hello, I’m unable to find an answer to this question anywhere, but is there a possibility that customers who made a purchase through the Epic Game store will be allowed to carry over their “copy” of the game over to Steam instead once the game launches on Steam?

I like to keep all my games on Steam as opposed to other platforms and would very much like to play from launch and onwards, and I’d only purchase a copy of the game on Epic Store IF we were allowed to eventually carry over this copy to Steam, no purchase on Epic Game store otherwise for my part.

Thank you.

• I would like to know this as well

• I asked the same a few weeks ago. No answer yet. I guess devs are trying to figure out how to implement this and if it is even possible.
    I could even buy a second copy of the game on Steam, but I think it is absolutely essential to guarantee that all my progress will be linked to my account no matter what platform I´m using.

• Most recent answer is still this one from March 30th;

FAQ of the Day:

Q: Will Chivalry2 progression carry over from Epic to Steam?

A: We know this is an important issue to many of you. It is a top priority for us post launch to look into and it is our fullest intent to have it carry over.

• @Yurik Thanks for the answer. Though it´s not a direct and clear answer (yes / no) I deduct devs will try to do it. I hope you can do it in the end, because it will be a great plus to this game to be able to have a single progress no matter the platform.

• @Krieger3 said in Carry over from Epic Store game copy to Steam after Steam launch?:

I asked the same a few weeks ago. No answer yet. I guess devs are trying to figure out how to implement this and if it is even possible.
    I could even buy a second copy of the game on Steam, but I think it is absolutely essential to guarantee that all my progress will be linked to my account no matter what platform I´m using.

I can tell you that it is 100% possible and I believe both platform provides the necessary API for it to happen, I play Path of Exile from their site, then from Epic Game Store and my progress does carry over, then from Steam and my progress does carry over.

it’s just the matter of whether they want to put some effort it it or not.

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up not doing it. I’ve seen many devs are just simply too lazy to read the documentations to bother with cross platform progress.

• I’d like to clarify that I’m not just talking about account progression, but that I would be able to play Chiv 2 on Steam IF I bought it on Epic Game store. I don’t want to have to purchase the game twice.

• Global Moderator

@Androme said in Carry over from Epic Store game copy to Steam after Steam launch?:

I’d like to clarify that I’m not just talking about account progression, but that I would be able to play Chiv 2 on Steam IF I bought it on Epic Game store. I don’t want to have to purchase the game twice.

If you buy a game on the Epic Store, it does not get added to your Steam account. Valve and Epic are two different companies.

You can still play it through Steam using the “Add a non-Steam game” feature on Steam.

• @Skindiacus said in Carry over from Epic Store game copy to Steam after Steam launch?:

@Androme said in Carry over from Epic Store game copy to Steam after Steam launch?:

I’d like to clarify that I’m not just talking about account progression, but that I would be able to play Chiv 2 on Steam IF I bought it on Epic Game store. I don’t want to have to purchase the game twice.

If you buy a game on the Epic Store, it does not get added to your Steam account. Valve and Epic are two different companies.

You can still play it through Steam using the “Add a non-Steam game” feature on Steam.

Yes I’m aware that they’re two different companies. My hope was that Torn Banner would be generous enough to provide a code for people who purchased the game through Epic to play it on Steam, or something like that, if legally possible. I understand Steam would lose sales in the short term but it’d be in Steams interest I think considering the amount of players this would provide which would boost sales in the long term.