TLDR feedback, four points:

• Map design is fantastic,
      Lionspire even better than Rudhelm. The whole of Lionspire, but especially the third phase (initially entering the town square) and the fourth phase (fight across the bridge to take keep gates) are very well designed. Take note of the strong points of this map and apply similar logic and philosophy into future map design.

• Controls feel good, and there are a good number of mechanics in the game.
      My only complaint would be lack of feedback whether a throw/weapon switch actually has been initiated or not. You needed to have not been doing something prior to attempting to throw or switch weapons, so what ends up happening is you just spam the G, 2 or 3 keys until you see the animation start playing. It’d be good if there could be some form of feedback in text form so we can spend less time spamming the G, 2 or 3 keys 100 times/sec and focus on other keybinds important to an ongoing fight.

• I believe it’s obvious to all that 3rd person is “better” (for battle performance) than first person. I’ll tell you why I personally believe this is the case from my own experience:
      It feels like when playing first person, it is much harder to judge whether an incoming swing from an opponent in front of you (clearly visible), is going to connect with your character or not. I think this is due to the fish-eye effect of using the highest FoV, which is required in order for 1st person to be competitive. I played to about level ~10 using 3rd person, and then from ~10-20 using 1st person, I can with confidence tell you that there have been many times when I was absolutely certain (due to graphics, animations, etc. .) that an incoming attack from an enemy in front of me had no chance of connecting with my character and dealing damage, and yet it did. So there’s something to look into.

This final point is less feedback, and more advice:

• The game will live the longest and be the healthiest the further away the sweaty tryhards are kept from the game.
      They are loud and obnoxious, but they’re unironically like a hundred people total across the entire world at most. Completely ignore them. They will suck the life and fun out of this game to fuel their obsession and addiction with their constant lobbying to implement fringe mechanics only reliably usable by a few people with too much free time on their hands. Mechanics which they will then use to completely and utterly dominate the rest of the playerbase, driving them away from the game.

• Agreed (especially the last part), I personally prefer the first person view, it make the game more inmersive.

• @Matias said in TLDR feedback, four points::

Agreed (especially the last part), I personally prefer the first person view, it make the game more inmersive.

Indeed, this is why I switched to first person for most of the beta. It feels like the game is meant to be experienced this way, the combat feels more engaging. Unfortunately it lags behind 3rd person in terms of combat effectiveness. In my opinion the biggest problem is inability to properly read weapon striking length of your opponent in first person.

• @Androme said in TLDR feedback, four points::

The game will live the longest and be the healthiest the further away the sweaty tryhards are kept from the game.

This is a fine line for devs to walk, and IMO takes some real talent to get right. I think the Dark Souls franchise is a shining example. In these days if games are too easy youll simply lose all longevity. Games need some element of skill mastery to stay compelling.

@Androme said in TLDR feedback, four points::

It feels like when playing first person, it is much harder to judge whether an incoming swing from an opponent in front of you (clearly visible), is going to connect with your character or not. I think this is due to the fish-eye effect of using the highest FoV, which is required in order for 1st person to be competitive.

I bounced back and forth through the beta, 3rd is probably objectively “better”, but I also found myself having a much funner time in 1st person. And after awhile I dropped 3rd person altogether. As with most things, you eventually get better with practice and I had no problems judging ranges.