Objective mode

• I have two complaints with the objective mode.
    1. It is in general too hard to complete objectives.
    2. The key to winning in objective mode is to either agressively attack or agressively defend. Some classes are much better at it than others. Especially the vanguard. All he has to do is stay out of reach when the enemy strikes and then strike himself, this is both safe and a fast way to kill anyone. And this is key to agressively attacking or defending - killing fast.
    The man at arms is actually pretty bad at this. By using evade he will drain his stamina fast and will have to retreat or revert to spamming. But dodge is the only redeeming feature of man at arms, since his speed advantage is negligible and the disadvantages are too great. Also the man at arms is bad at taking on 2+ enemies, so sometimes hes better off retreating when there are too many enemies present.
    The knight is in between. but because his weapons have short reach and he doesnt have evade to close the gap, he has to rely on block which takes time, so DPS is again not great.
    The archer? Archer has one of the lowest DPS. In objective mode, K/D ratio is not all that important.

• The problem is the spawns. In Stonehill, Masons have a hard time killing the king.
    In Dark Forest, Masons have a hard time pushing cart past second stage.
    In Battlegrounds, Agatha have a hard time pushing cart past 75%.
    In Stoneside, Agatha have a hard time with trebuchet 3.

Team work can take these objectives yes, but the teamwork attacking teams need far outweighs what defending team needs and makes it very frustrating on attacking teams.

• Next patch devs are balancing the TO maps. So we have to wait and see what feedback they decided to implement and how. Trebchuet 3 and Battlegrounds were the 2 biggest things they are investigating. But IMO, all defender spawns need investigating.

• I’m curious how much of the problem lies in the spawning points or in the way objectives are completed. So for example Treb 3 is a pain in the ass to take down, I’ve been in games when it was 85% down then someone is knocked off of one of the boards to reset it back to 0% destroyed. That to me is a big problem, something balanced such as it doesn’t lose it’s destroyed % unless 2 members from the defending team stand on the same boards to repair it would be nice.

That way the defending team wouldn’t be able to simply kick someone off to get their trebs back to full health. It also puts in a method that they can with teamwork,the defending team that is, repair damaged (not destroyed) trebs after repelling an attack. If there could be more methods such as this implemented I think that TO would be far more compelling of a challenge for both sides.

• So what, do you want every game to end with the attacker winning…100% of the time? That would make this game boring and stale, and the community would die off.

I’ve been playing this game for awhile and none of what the OP says is true. The spawns are balanced and the objective taking is fine. You just need to get better at the game and change your perspective on how you see things.

In chivalry: medieval warfare you need to push slowly and wait for reinforcements to keep the offensive line moving towards the objective. If you rush forward, you will get cut down and so will your offensive line. You need to be patient and skilled so your offense continues to push the defenders back. That’s how this game works and its done wonderfully. I have had no problem winning as offense or defense in the current state of the game. Although I find defending the peasants to be a low probability in most games, almost impossible.

• @Juvante:

So what, do you want every game to end with the attacker winning…100% of the time? That would make this game boring and stale, and the community would die off.

I’ve been playing this game for awhile and none of what the OP says is true. The spawns are balanced and the objective taking is fine. You just need to get better at the game and change your perspective on how you see things.

In chivalry: medieval warfare you need to push slowly and wait for reinforcements to keep the offensive line moving towards the objective. If you rush forward, you will get cut down and so will your offensive line. You need to be patient and skilled so your offense continues to push the defenders back. That’s how this game works and its done wonderfully. I have had no problem winning as offense or defense in the current state of the game. Although I find defending the peasants to be a low probability in most games, almost impossible.

I would say that some of the points brought up by the OP are accurate, I agree with you that either side winning a 100% of time would be broken. However, to state that everything is fine as is doesn’t reflect the game in it’s current state. The game is great but far from perfect, considering that nothing is perfect, at least in my opinion…

• Difficulty of objective maps has been acknowledged. Expect to see some changes in the next patch, especially to trebuchet #3 on Hillside and the end of Battlegrounds.

• @Juvante:

I think that’s a problem, not a feature. It works somewhat okay with organized party vs party scenarios, but it’s far from ideal for a game that’s based around random public matches IMO.