Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?

• This is not related to the question of “free” Steam copy.

Hi.

I’m wondering if progress on Epic will be allowed to be carried over to a Steam copy of the game once the game launches on Steam? I’m considering pre-purchasing the game on Epic, but I’m not sure. I’d be willing to do it if progress will eventually carry over to Steam.

Thank you.

• Mod

@Androme It hasn’t been 100% confirmed, but the devs said they know it’s important to people so it’s a high priority to sort out for them.

• @random428 said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

@Androme It hasn’t been 100% confirmed, but the devs said they know it’s important to people so it’s a high priority to sort out for them.

Alright, it’s good that they recognize this but for me personally I’d need to know 100% if it’s going to happen or not before deciding on a pre-purchase.

Is there any ETA on when we’d receive a definitive answer on this question?

• @Androme said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

@random428 said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

Alright, it’s good that they recognize this but for me personally I’d need to know 100% if it’s going to happen or not before deciding on a pre-purchase.

Likely there won’t be an answer till after launch since that is the priority currently rather than the Steam release a year from now.

Here was the developer post about it;

Q: Will progression carry over from Epic to Steam

A: We know this is an important issue to many of you. It is a top priority for us to look into post launch and it is our fullest intent to have it carry over.

• @Yurik said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

@Androme said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

@random428 said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

Likely there won’t be an answer till after launch since that is the priority currently rather than the Steam release a year from now.

Here was the developer post about it;

Q: Will progression carry over from Epic to Steam

A: We know this is an important issue to many of you. It is a top priority for us to look into post launch and it is our fullest intent to have it carry over.

Alright, I appreciate it. I think I’ll refrain from pre-purchasing for now and wait and see. Too bad, I’ll miss out on that sweet Zweihander.

• @random428 Why would you buy the game twice?

• Mod

@sir_beavis Because if you want it on a different platform after buying it on Epic, Steam won’t give it away for free.

• @random428 Why would you pay another 40 dollars to be able to click launch on steam instead of epic? Not following your logic.

and did you know that you can launch it via steam anyhow?

• @sir_beavis I don’t think random428 ever argued that. I think you’re both misunderstanding eachother.

In any case. I don’t want to spam the forum but I do want to keep this thread alive for when/if we get a final answer to the question of whether progress will carry over to Steam. I’d be willing to buy the game on Epic in that case, but as of right now, without knowing whether progress will carry over or not, I can’t buy it.

• @Androme What is there to misunderstand? If he didn’t want to buy it on epic he wouldnt be asking about transferring progress.

• Shameless bump

• Global Moderator

@Androme Okay don’t bump this thread lol. I bet we’re not getting an answer to this until pretty soon before the Steam release. TBS really don’t reply to these threads anyway so bumping doesn’t do anything. When they figure out how the Steam release will work, they’ll announce it in a real announcement.

• @Skindiacus said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

@Androme Okay don’t bump this thread lol. I bet we’re not getting an answer to this until pretty soon before the Steam release. TBS really don’t reply to these threads anyway so bumping doesn’t do anything. When they figure out how the Steam release will work, they’ll announce it in a real announcement.

Okay, sure. Disappointing to hear that it’ll take that long to hear more on this, seeing as communicating this knowledge is only useful to Torn Banner about right now, and not closely before Steam release.

• Global Moderator

@Androme

Okay, sure. Disappointing to hear that it’ll take that long to hear more on this, seeing as communicating this knowledge is only useful to Torn Banner about right now, and not closely before Steam release.

To be clear, I have no idea when TBS will announce this. “Later on” is only a guess. I only know that they’ll announce it in a real announcement instead of replying to this forum thread.

• I want to know this as well. Can we get more detail than just ambiguous, “we’re thinking about it”

• @Acid said in Will Epic progress carry over to Steam?:

I want to know this as well. Can we get more detail than just ambiguous, “we’re thinking about it”

Agreed. This is a bigger deal than people seem to make it out to be. I’d even accept a “We intend to do this, we’ll reveal details about how to go about moving over progress to Steam as launch approaches”. Because then atleast I know that Torn Banner Studios will be trying :-)

• @sir_beavis nothing to understand here, there are people, I’m one of them, we don’t want epic games an our computer, personly I already have too many games to complete, I don’t need epic games but it s a shame Chivalry 2 is only on Epic, look likes stupid war for console exclusivity.

• @Skindiacus Wow you make it sound like you are excluded from their conferations/ parties, if there are any.
    You sure TB is not some kind of black alley secret organisation?
    I think you need to improve your status there, S, and perhaps they are willing to share more infos with you/ us