Kicking griefers and toxic players

• I’m suprised at the level of toxicity in this game on day 1, the kicking system in this game needs a rework. Cant play in duel servers without people griefing and attacking you from behind whilst your dueling someone else. Most of the time when i try to vote kick someone the ‘vote kick’ is lined out so i cant even use the feature at all… Is there a way around this? Also i don’t like how even if the majority of players have voted yes for someone to be kicked off the server but it does not happen since there is a limit to how many players are needed to vote yes for that person to be kicked… its lame and ruining the experience for me.

• I completely agree. Sadly, we just have to wait for community servers and the Epic Games equivalent of Steam Workshop to fix this game. I hope they implement features that fix all the issues we have been having, but fro the progress of the alpha until now, I doubt it. We have significantly less gamemodes than the first game, less maps, an ok amount of weapons, and our duel servers are glorified FFA servers. Where is Duelyard? I know it was community driven, but it was SO much better than this, and we can’t even make it for ourselves because no workshop.

• If it’s a reoccuring problem with the same player(s) in a single server definitely report them ingame for griefing. Feel free to get the attention of me or one of the other moderators in the DIscord and we can help you as well.

• @Yurik The problem is the systems in place could potentially allow the community to moderate themselves with ease, but they are flawed. The votekick system is borderline useless as it is in its current state, and the “Duel” mode is a glorified Free For All server. It even says “FREE FOR ALL” and the announcer states “KILL EVERYONE”. No wonder people are confused. Furthermore, the “gamemode” does nothing to differentiate itself from Free for all. I don’t know if this is temporary before an actual duel map or mode, but I wouldn’t know either way because I can’t find out. Overall, I wish there was information available.

• @Park0urDavid said in Kicking griefers and toxic players:

The problem is the systems in place could potentially allow the community to moderate themselves with ease

This has historically not been the case with slasher games, at least not to any reasonable level. We’d just be responding to complaints of large groups of griefers joining a server and votekicking players trying to duel rather than responding to complaints of players trying to duel getting interrupted by griefers who are doing FFA.

I do think a dedicated duel mode would solve the issues people have with duel servers, though in truth those have always been far less popular than the more loose FFA duel modes. Hopefully something similar makes its way to the game at some point.

I’m not sure if it was posted outside of the Discord or not but Here is the roadmap for upcoming features, competitive gamemodes are listed to be coming but I don’t yet know what the extent of those will be.

• My experience so far on all the eu duel servers i joined the players behaved and respectfully battled each other.
    But custom dedicated servers and decent moderation tools would be very welcoming for sure!

• @Yurik Thank you for clarifying. I agree that the Loose FFA servers have always been more popular, but you have to understand why. Not only were the maps specifically designed for dueling (instantly healing with the fountain to get into duels quicker, map literally dubbed ‘duelyard’) but they were also community driven, meaning they had moderation and administration by the people who owned them.

At the moment, unofficial servers are still in the works, so we are forced to tolerate the official duel servers which are plagued by players who can’t be votekicked and when they are they can just hop on another server. It should not be difficult for a server full of players to votekick someone who is obviously misbehaving.

Another thing, I talked about this on another thread. Getting in and out of duels needs to be much quicker, and ammo boxes that replenish bandages are just too slow. Duelyard was more popular than normal duel mode because of how much quicker it was getting back into the action. The renaming of a server to “don’t be a doob, honor the rules” does nothing to actually accommodate the dueling system. Running back to the ammo box every time to grab a bandage is sluggish and unappealing. At worst, it gets you killed by a randomer.

• @Yurik FFA Duel mode servers have been great so far. Constant action due to not having to respawn for another duel. You can just flourish to start another one. The main problem with the AUS servers atleast is the lack of moderation. Trolls and griefers just stick around and ignore the vote-kicks, reports and chat. 'Cause they know nothing is being done. There needs to be moderators actively kicking or banning them from the servers. There are tons of players, myself included, who actively play these servers who could help with that.

Also, as for the rules of the FFA Duel servers. I would like to see some sort of banner, popup and/or chat message displaying the rules of Duels. While griefers and the like just ignore them, new players always ask in chat about the rules, having an initial chat message displaying them would be handy.

• @Mista-Pengin said in Kicking griefers and toxic players:

@Yurik FFA Duel mode servers have been great so far. Constant action due to not having to respawn for another duel. You can just flourish to start another one. The main problem with the AUS servers atleast is the lack of moderation. Trolls and griefers just stick around and ignore the vote-kicks, reports and chat. 'Cause they know nothing is being done. There needs to be moderators actively kicking or banning them from the servers. There are tons of players, myself included, who actively play these servers who could help with that.

Also, as for the rules of the FFA Duel servers. I would like to see some sort of banner, popup and/or chat message displaying the rules of Duels. While griefers and the like just ignore them, new players always ask in chat about the rules, having an initial chat message displaying them would be handy.

There are moderators actively policing them, but it always helps when players report the griefers both ingame and through other channels (such as the Discord)

Good to see you’ve also made a moderator application!