Torching people

• It happened to me more than once that when i was defending a pyre or a village, someone holding a torch that was gonna throw it to the objective, notices me, and tries to throw it at me.
    Now, i doubt that torches do much damage or any good?
    Is it just because they panic, or do they have a good reason, like; it doing damage to me that matters?

• It can set enemies on fire, which is kind of stupid.

I was defending the pyre being lit and blocked an incoming torch that still set me on fire. Because a torch hitting a shield obviously means the torch completely immolates the knight.

• @Zrehael:

It can set enemies on fire, which is kind of stupid.

I was defending the pyre being lit and blocked an incoming torch that still set me on fire. Because a torch hitting a shield obviously means the torch completely immolates the knight.

At least fire is some sort of counter to turtle knights. It’s not always easy to get around the shield with footwork alone. If you’re going to complain about lack of realism, complain about how big sweeping strikes with polearms do full damage even if they don’t hit you with the bladey bit. How does hitting someone with a stick with far less force than otherwise when the other guy is in armor do any damage at all, let alone full damage as if they were hit hard with a blade?

On topic, whenever I throw torches at people they just pass through them harmlessly for whatever reason.

• So, from what i understand…
    Torches are buggy?

• Torch striking someone will flinch them which gives you some time to switch weapons, and is supposed to set them on fire - but this seems very inconsistent.

• I think they should do some damage and set them on fire for a little extra. Nothing too much, but enough that it feels satisfying to hit someone with one.

As stated above, they do seem very inconsistent.