Forbid 3rd person

• The third person options obtained by pressing p, are overpowered due to the improved view over the shoulder that you get. And if this is called a first person medieval game, why dont forbid the 3rd person option at all?

• I totally agree because most clans will not allow this on there servers anyway… so if you want to scrim you wont be able to use it :D

• I think How it is right now is stupid, because you never know in the end if most servers will enable 3rd or not, what clan events will allow it…
    So you are left in the doubt whether you should play with the superior 3rd person view, or keep the 1st person view to get used to it if it gets banned on most servers.

I think the solution is simple :

-either you ban first person view once and for all

OR

• You give more advantages to the people using First Person view. I don’t know how, but something along the overall distance evaluation/precision.
      Maybe in first person, the crosshair would become yellow if an enemy in in reach of your weapon. Giving an advantage to first person to compensate for the low vision range. They would know better when to strike.

• I think having 3rd person view could be fun, adding a whole new perspective to the fighting freshens things up. All though like Beaver24/7 said, if most clan servers wont allow it then there should not be to much of a problem for when they ARE allowed to use it, its just when they are goofing around anyway.

… all though I personally forgot it even existed and have never used it before.

• @King:

I think having 3rd person view could be fun, adding a whole new perspective to the fighting freshens things up. All though like Beaver24/7 said, if most clan servers wont allow it then there should not be to much of a problem for when they ARE allowed to use it, its just when they are goofing around anyway.

… all though I personally forgot it even existed and have never used it before.

Competition mod with the ability to turn off 3rd person view by the server admin, or even by a majority vote.

• Server admins can turn off 3p atm like the Vanquish server. They have 100% FF and no 3P.
    And it’s probably debatable whether or not 3rd person view is an advantage or not [aside from when you’re holding up a shield]. To each his own.

• I wish it was easier to see if a server is allowing it. Cause I hate it, I want a first person game where flanking someone works.

• @b3h47pte:

Server admins can turn off 3p atm like the Vanquish server. They have 100% FF and no 3P.
    And it’s probably debatable whether or not 3rd person view is an advantage or not [aside from when you’re holding up a shield]. To each his own.

YEAH. And because of that you never know if you should completely abandon 3rd person or keep training with it. Because of this design decision, you are leaving all the community in the doubt about whether or not they should use 3rd person.
    The situation need more clarification.

• 3rd person doesn’t give you eyes in the back of your head. Not to mention the loud ass footsteps of chars approaching, or the fact that a player might have scanned you at a distance, turned their attention one way, knew how long it would take you to sprint over, and turned to deal with you in time, lots of reasons coming up behind a player isn’t an auto win.

Btw where is the fov limit if we are being all omg 3p is 100% ez mode?

I guess i personally dont care so much since I just pub, and there is no reason that 3rd person players couldn’t start up their own league and post that ppl should drop 1p since its banned in competitive play. Options there for all I guess.

• No Option is not there.

We don’t know for sure how it’s going to end up, and we are left in the doubt. Use a superior 3rd person that may or may not be banned or stick with the more difficult 1st person.

A good way to balance would be to make it that first person actually has an advantage, but that only experienced players can use it correctly. 3rd would stop being overpowered, and would be more new-friendly while 1st would be for the experienced players. That way 3rd would not be banned.

• I wouldn’t play the game if I hadn’t the third person view. I don’t like first person.

• 3rd person view need´s to go…bye…bye :( Or at least let it be a server option. So admins can turn it off :P

• @Exiled:

3rd person view need´s to go…bye…bye :( Or at least let it be a server option. So admins can turn it off :P

Already the case. The Vanquish server has it disabled already.

• @GKane:

I wouldn’t play the game if I hadn’t the third person view. I don’t like first person.

Its not realistic to see from 3rd perspective either.

• well, im using both 1st and 3rd person, both of them are great in their own aspects, you cant say that 3rd person view is better than 1st, i keep having trouble blocking one handers in 3rd !

• @SlyGoat:

@Exiled:

3rd person view need´s to go…bye…bye :( Or at least let it be a server option. So admins can turn it off :P

Already the case. The Vanquish server has it disabled already.

Ill drop by that server later :D (if there is room).

• @Easterlake:

@GKane:

I wouldn’t play the game if I hadn’t the third person view. I don’t like first person.

Its not realistic to see from 3rd perspective either.

yea but some dont care about “realistic” things in games, & just wanta play the game 4the game.
    u know what i mean