Developer's Q&A!

• Developer

Hey guys,

I know you will all have many questions about our new project so we are going to be running a developers FAQ event where we will answer your questions in bulk articles, this makes it more efficient for answering many people with the same question as these articles can then be pasted elsewhere around the web. No worries we’ll still be actively answering you and discussing the game with you in other areas of the forum, but this thread is for people who have questions about the differences between the new project and Age of Chivalry or general inquires about the game/team that will apply to many other people’s questions. Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!

• Will there be new taunts? Also, are you going to keep the previous taunts such as “Too big sword ?” and “No breakfast yet !”?

• Will the required system specs be higher?

• @Too:

Will there be new taunts? Also, are you going to keep the previous taunts such as “Too big sword ?” and “No breakfast yet !”?

I’m sure there will be plenty of new taunts! If we decide to keep some of the original ones, you may find them in a slightly different voice.

@Circle:

Will the required system specs be higher?

The minimum system specification is slightly higher than Age of Chivalry. Whilst we can’t say for certain what the recommended system specification is at this stage, we can tell you the absolute minimum:

Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista/Windows 7
    2.0+ GHz processor
    2GB system RAM
    SM3-compatible video card

If anyone has any concerns about whether their system will run Chivalry, or whether their graphics card is capable, please don’t hesitate to ask us as we’d be glad to assist in any way possible.

• are all of the classes going to be super changed? cuz when i read the bio of the game it seemed like the classes were very much less then what they are in age of chivalry

• @Vox:

are all of the classes going to be super changed? cuz when i read the bio of the game it seemed like the classes were very much less then what they are in age of chivalry

Whilst it seems there are fewer classes to select, don’t be fooled by thinking there is less variety! Since we want to keep you on your toes, I won’t reveal too much except to say in the case of the Archer for example, you will have the option to select virtually everything you want to take into battle with you, from a large variety of primary and secondary weapons such as Longbows, Crossbows, Swords and Daggers. You will be able to mix and match to your heart’s desire, and this is the same for every other class too - each having unique weapons!

• i can only imagine how epic that’s going to be

• So will the game be a stand alone, or do we need to buy another game? And will you try adding it on steam or not?

• It will be a standalone commercial game. Steam will be one of the digital distribution method we will be pursuing, but we can’t confirm or give any details on that yet.

• So we’ll get a developer kit along with the game?

• What was the class shown on the trailer?
    Seems like an archer with a crusader model :?

• A vanguard perhaps?

• When you state that there will be character customisation within the game, how will you incorporate this?

Also, when will you release some juicy lore on the setting, Agathia and the Mason Order? ;)

• “Characters come alive as they gain experience, titles and traits that remind the player of his most epic moments playing the game, allow him to display his trophies to others and push him to improve his skills.”

I hope this is just for the looks, not changing the players powers in any way.

• Character customization is what we are aiming for, and yes the class in the trailer is a vanguard.

• How often to do you plan on posting news, it would be great if you guys gave us a day like every 2 fridays for example that you would post some new screens and write a little bit about the game.

Or something like that, you get the idea.

It’s bad to leave us in the dark you know.

Have you thought of that?

• Haha, we just launched the site! Yes we will be following up with updates though. If you really want to get all the info you can from us, make sure to follow and subscribe to these groups:

Twitter: teamchivalry
    Facebook:Chivalry
    Youtube:TeamChivalry

Twitter is a nice place to post our funny screenshot of bugs we have during playtesting… so you might seen some more behind the scenes stuff on there and Facebook.

• Twitter and Youtube is ok, but I don’t want my few friends to think I’m a complete geek :)

• Heh yes I know you just started doing public stuff, I mean for when we enter the beta phases, and usually at that phases normal users are soooo thirsty for info.

Thank you for the quick answer.

• @TheRed:

Twitter and Youtube is ok, but I don’t want my few friends to think I’m a complete geek :)

Embrace your inner geek!