FFA in Aus Duels Servers needs to stop. Now.

• Every single game in the Aus Duels servers has someone griefing players, attacking unprovoked, and FFA’ing. Every game they come back and do the same thing. Why? 'Cause there aren’t any mods on to ban them. Nothing us normal players do can stop them. Kicking does not work. Reporting does not work. I have personally reported 10+ people who have still not been banned, I still see them coming back to the servers. This has to stop. This is making me not want to play.

Make more Aus people mods. We need people actively banning them as they are seen in game.They need to be sent the message that they are not welcome, that they will not be tolerated. At the moment, they have nothing to fear, nothing is being done.

• 3 games in 1 day ruined by griefers who actively disregard the rules, knowing full well that nothing is being done. If mods were in the server, they could ban them. Hint, hint.

• 21 people in 1 day griefing, FFA’ing in a duel server, insulting people in chat and being racist.
    No moderators to be seen. Nobody being banned. Nobody listening.

I am DONE with Chiv 2 until the rules are actively enforced every game.
    I have reported 21 people who are still in game, griefing.
    These griefers have no remorse, will not listen to reason.
    Nobody wants to stick around and game with them.
    You NEED multiple Aus moderators to actively ban people.

• Would be really great to get a response from someone on this. It’s honestly getting worse day to day. Some servers are just a flat out free-for-all. There are only 3 PC duel servers. 1 mod would be able to fix all of this.

• I completely disagree archer is fine! I Even got the trophy for hitting someone at 100m on the console. If was not good why is the only class choice I ever seen full?

• @Medjumurac What I’ve been doing is reporting griefers and FFA’ers in game. Screen-shotting all complaints against them, other players saying “Stop FFA. Duels only.” and the like. Plus, screen-shotting all abuse in chat and sending it directly to mods in Discord via the yellow ChivMail button top right. Can confirm 1 person has been banned so far. So, it’s a start.

If they don’t start putting more Australian Mods on Australian Servers, I can’t see this fully stopping till private servers come into play, honestly. Had some great duels, and most people play fair. But, the FFA’ers and Griefers ruin those servers. :)

• @bigsandwich-925 I think you may have commented on the wrong thread, haha. Never mentioned archers. :)

• @Mista-Pengin yeah sorry I am trying delete my post 8 (

• Chiming in from NA East.

We feel your pain lol the requirement for kicking people out of the server is too high that more often than not they are not kicked and then for some reason the ability to kick them gets removed.

• I might be missing something, but you’ve got me wondering now if I’ve inadvertently been a griefer.
    I play on console and don’t have a choice of what server I play on, there’s know way of knowing what server I’m on. When I’m in a FFA match, everyone is fair game.
    You mention the rules? my understanding is in a FFA match there are no rules (insulting/racists comments aside, thats never ok)
    I don’t have the comments feed up either so don’t see the insults or some one telling me to not be an idiot.

Is the server choice / selection a PC only thing?
    The reason I’m asking this is if your on a server and you’ve got random consolers turning up, there going to have no idea it’s a dual only match. SO there going todo exactly what I do and attack everybody.

If I knew I was on a server with extra rules of course I’d abide by them, my point is as a consoler currently there is no way of knowing.

• @LordGreybeard said in FFA in Aus Duels Servers needs to stop. Now.:

I might be missing something, but you’ve got me wondering now if I’ve inadvertently been a griefer.

I dont think console has a server browser yet. And Im not even positive if they have duel servers yet eh?

But even if you were killing people on accident, you would be harassed immediately for it lol. In this thread hes talking spefically of people doing it on purpose, willingly being douchebags.

• @LordGreybeard said in FFA in Aus Duels Servers needs to stop. Now.:

I might be missing something, but you’ve got me wondering now if I’ve inadvertently been a griefer.
    I play on console and don’t have a choice of what server I play on, there’s know way of knowing what server I’m on. When I’m in a FFA match, everyone is fair game.
    You mention the rules? my understanding is in a FFA match there are no rules (insulting/racists comments aside, thats never ok)
    I don’t have the comments feed up either so don’t see the insults or some one telling me to not be an idiot.

Is the server choice / selection a PC only thing?
    The reason I’m asking this is if your on a server and you’ve got random consolers turning up, there going to have no idea it’s a dual only match. SO there going todo exactly what I do and attack everybody.

If I knew I was on a server with extra rules of course I’d abide by them, my point is as a consoler currently there is no way of knowing.

You’re good! I can confirm that console players aren’t able to join the duel servers currently, so you wouldn’t have been accidentally griefing.

For everyone else in this thread, we (the moderators) definitely do look into reports of FFA in duel servers, often joining these servers to remove offending players.

However this isn’t always possible depending on the time of day, how the report is made, etc.

The most effective way to report something like this currently is to message the Chivmail bot on the official Discord, which will alert all the mods who can then hop into your server if they’re available.

Reporting them ingame is also a huge help as well, as it helps build a record of how often a person is going out of their way to bother/grief other players. This is more of a long term aid to us but is still a good ancillary option.

I know the OP has done this already, but if you feel that there isn’t enough moderation in your region please feel free to apply to be a moderator Here

• @LordGreybeard Honestly, this is the best reaction to this situation. I’ve had a few people get called up for FFA in Duels, say sorry, and then ask how do they Duel. Nothing wrong with that at all, sometimes people don’t see Duels in the name, fair enough. :)

The only people I have a problem with are the ones who abuse others in chat and intentionally interrupt Duels in order to annoy. What I mean by that is, I’ve had people tackle me while I’m duelling, only to run away and do the same to others. I’ve had people FFA and stab people in the back, and when called out for it, abuse me and others in chat.

As far as I’m aware, there are no Duel servers for Console, yet. So, the FFA games are the true FFA mode. So, you’re good, man. :)

General rule of thumb. If there’s a bunch of people fighting 1 on 1 on the jousting map with the fences in the middle, it’s probs a Duel server.

• Agreed, I think my votekick is bugged (it has a white-line through it) and I am unable to kick ffaers, what’s worse is that when I call them out for it in chat they initiate one on me and I get kicked. Please add private servers, more mods, or a duel game mode, it is so frustrating being randomly attacked in duels and then vote kicked out by the ffaer.