Footman medic box worst healing for “healer” class

• The Footman medic bag needs some love. Reduced cool down or something. Both the Horn and Banner being AoE healing is so much better than throwing a medkit that heals 1 player. Maybe the med kit could heal the one player and then stay in the field for other players to restock a bandage. Or 1 use of the ability could throw out 2 med packs. Idk but it definitely needs some help if Footman is supposed to be a support class with better healing than than the other tanky or dps classes. I didn’t realize that archers had an archetype that gets the banner too (refuse to play archer but saw a streamer with a Crossbow drop down a banner) seems like devs got lazy and instead of thinking of a different unique ability for archers they just copy pasted banner to a DPS class not even sure how effective banner is for archers in the way back so I can’t imagine it’s very strong in their hands. It just feels like Devs missed an opportunity to give a more unique ability to archers for less crossover in abilities.

• I think the difference might be is the amount of healing and perhaps the speed in-which they get healed? Rather than a heal overtime for a mediocre amount for everyone, its a massive heal (immediately?) to one person. And Im going off of my shit memory, but it feels like the cooldown is less now then the beta, at least.

While I dont expect all healing abilites to be identical, the abilities themselves need to be identical in usefulness, IMO.

• I play footman most of the time, and while I feel that healing speed of the medic box could actually be just a bit higher, i don’t think that the healing itself is underpowered: being able to throw it to a teammate engaged in a fight can actually save his or her life, which the knights banner obviously cannot do, and it charges much faster than the healing horn. Rather, i think the main issues with the medic box are related to usability: 1st, there is no easy and fast way to see the remaining health of teammates, so we often end up wasting our health boxes on people that are almost full. 2nd, throwing the bandages at people actually damages them a little, and already I cannot count the times I accidentally killed a teammate by throwing a medic box on his head; while this is funny when it happens for the first time, it actually makes the class ability much less viable than it should be.

• @ThrowableChicken said in Footman medic box worst healing for “healer” class:

1st, there is no easy and fast way to see the remaining health of teammates, so we often end up wasting our health boxes on people that are almost full.

I had this same issue at first, but if you just mouse over your allies body, it shows a healthbar.

• @buderburg said in Footman medic box worst healing for “healer” class:

@ThrowableChicken said in Footman medic box worst healing for “healer” class:

1st, there is no easy and fast way to see the remaining health of teammates, so we often end up wasting our health boxes on people that are almost full.

I had this same issue at first, but if you just mouse over your allies body, it shows a healthbar.

That is true, but the health bar appears on the bottom of the screen which makes it less immediate to read and forces you to take your eyes off the action. Most of the time I find myself looking for the little green cross icon over the head of a teammate indicating that he or she is missing health: but again, that icon doesn’t show if that person is missing 1% or 99%. If, say, the green cross icon would turn to yellow and then red based on the amount of missing health ( as the health bar you mentioned already does), that would make the skill so much easier to use as we would just prioritise allies with red cross over their heads.

If, say, the green cross icon would turn to yellow and then red based on the amount of missing health

Thats a perfect solution, I hope it gets added.

• Do we even know if the devs are aware of the problem?

throwing the bandages at people actually damages them a little, and already I cannot count the times I accidentally killed a teammate by throwing a medic box on his head

Exactly this, I got my first team kill that way and it’s made me very hesitant to use it since.

• @LordGreybeard said in Footman medic box worst healing for “healer” class:

@ThrowableChicken said in Footman medic box worst healing for “healer” class:

throwing the bandages at people actually damages them a little, and already I cannot count the times I accidentally killed a teammate by throwing a medic box on his head

Exactly this, I got my first team kill that way and it’s made me very hesitant to use it since.

To be fair, isnt it only like 5 damage? If you hover over your teammate, youll see their life bar at the bottom, if they have more than a sliver of life then the heal pack shouldnt kill them.

• I think the only thing that needs to be adjusted is the stupid fact that it deals team damage when thrown at a team mate. I can not count the times that I have downed a team mate because I threw a medkit at them.

• Global Moderator

@QLMX that’s a bug and will be fixed