• in console (so press ~)

setname typenewname

press enter and there you go

• @Chuckdatass:

in console (so press ~)

setname typenewname

I tried this. It doesn’t seem to work…

• Your name is your Steam name. Change it on Steam and it will different in game. Jezz….

• @NICK:

Your name is your Steam name. Change it on Steam and it will different in game. Jezz….

Oh thank you. Sorry this is my first steam game.

• @Liu:

@NICK ALTMAN:

Your name is your Steam name. Change it on Steam and it will different in game. Jezz….

Oh thank you. Sorry this is my first steam game.

No need to apologize; I own 147 games on Steam and this is the first one I’ve encountered that forces you to use the player name from your Steam profile.
    A bit silly if you ask me.
    Sure it makes sense to use the Steam profile settings to establish a default value, but the player should be able to override it in-game.

• @Chuckdatass:

in console (so press ~)

setname typenewname

This does show as a command for me, but it won’t change my name. So I’m guessing it’s one of the things that needs to be fixed.

• @Kwal:

@Chuckdatass:

in console (so press ~)

setname typenewname

This does show as a command for me, but it won’t change my name. So I’m guessing it’s one of the things that needs to be fixed.

Change your name on ur steam profile and it’ll change it in game.

You really should read the whole topic before posting. I asked the same question as you like 5 posts ago.

• Sigh, there wasn’t even a question in my post. I’m just pointing out that the ‘setname’ command doesn’t function, while it probably should.