i want hacking addressed

• @Mista-Pengin said in i want hacking addressed:

If you see someone hacking, report them using the in-game tool.

I could be wrong but on console there isn’t as yet an in game tool to report anyone. At least, not that I’ve noticed. The console options are very limited as to what you can do. I know theres quite a few PC features that haven’t made it to console yet.
    including cheating ;)

Agreed though, just rating doesn’t help anyone.

• @LordGreybeard Wow, really? No reporting on console? That sucks, man.
    Being able to report griefers is the only thing keeping me sane in Chiv at the mo, haha.

• PLEASE DEVS, let disable crossplay on consoles.

Or do crossplay between consoles / XSX / S / PS4 / PS5 (the best option).

Currently, when you disable it, the game continues to join you with players from other platforms.

• 1.) Free hacks were even working in beta. This is because Chiv 2 pretty much has one of the (if not the) worst Anti cheat in the industry. It might as well be non-existent. (aka EAC). Additionally, the engine isn’t new by any standards, thus adapting injection style “hacks” for Chiv 2 is also easy.

2.) Whilst I have not personally observed HP modification like the OP is claiming the cheating is pretty rampant. Perhaps even 1-2 per match isn’t that much of an exaggeration. Some are simply not that noticeable AND since the game does not use…say… Hitscan hit detection like some games (CS and most of CoD), it is more difficult to spot. Ontop of that, Chiv 2 has the hit detection (netcode) of a 2001 title… NOT a 2021 title. It is VERY poor.

3.) The most common cheats active in Chiv 2 are:

• Block bot. This one is pretty noticeable. Ever surrounded someone with your team mates and they block every strike, even from the rear?
    • Stam injection (CE). Also fairly noticeable. Someone just holding block indefinitely, unable to retaliate but also never loses stam and you (and in many cases the multitude of others hitting them) run out of stam and that is when they kill you all. This is usually used in conjunction with the next one.
    • Max Init. Pretty self explanatory.
    • Clipping
    • Cancel of animation but not action. Also pretty obvious. Enemies that bandage instantly without animation. Enemies who cancel to parry your strike but you still magically take damage every time (and they block your hit)

• @ShadowbaneR

A lot of claims but zero evidence. Whats the Max Init one? If someone is holding parry indefinitely and never losing stamina thats very easy to see so just record and send to torn banner = perma ban for that person. It is very easy to gain stamina back in this game…i very rarely run out of stamina.

The only one of those you mention that is a concern is the blocking bot as this can be disguised as just glitchy behaviour of Chiv 2 hitboxes unfortunately.

What region are you in?

• 1.) I do record quite often and have given Epic significant amounts of evidence, even since beta. I will not go above and beyond to do extra work for them though when they refuse to use anything other than the absolute worthless EAC system.

2.) Max init. It allows players to perform counterattacks and proceeding combo with every swing regardless if an attack was blocked or attacked at all.

3.) Stam injection is common, likely done by ** which works undetected for every single title “protected” by EAC. Also free…
    In many cases it is easily observed (especially if it is the ONLY cheat the player has active), like players holding block, eating overheads, Heavy swings and the like without stam drain and without successfully counter attacking.

4.) Blocking bot was VERY common in Chiv 2 and was even common in Mordhau, although the past tense there can easily correlate with population decline. However, this one is very easy to notice. Some people even post videos of themselves using this very clearly knowing the majority is too naive and not observant enough to notice. Simply getting virtual high fives for what appears to be skilled gameplay. Easily observed with players blocking strikes in their exact rear, and has very similar effects of a typical aimbot as the player has the ability to setup a hotkey which will tab between enemy character models typically resulting in the “crosshair” jumping to the direct dead center of an enemy model (sometimes not even one that was previously in their PoV) or somewhere on the very center vertical axis. When the offending player uses this feature, you will notice very inhuman “tab targeting” behavior when many players are striking them.

• @K-A-N-E

I have found players who have infinite stamina and they didn’t fight back, they just blocked. I play on XSX. This is real. Cheats, netcode … ?? I don’t know. But it is real. And other weird things: phantom attacks pierce the bodies (hitbox fails), enemies that when you attack them and mortally wound them disappear and teleport, and a long etcetera.

The game needs a patch, stabilize the servers and let us console users play with each other and keep pc gamers away.

• Yeah apparently cheaters are rampant, but still no one has posted any evidence.

If you want to get any traction, then started posting your proof.

Your suspicions mean nothing without anything to back it up.

I hate cheaters as much as the next guy, but this thread useless.

• @Bob-Gnarly

we don’t need to show you 😂

i already contacted sony. and we all know how they feel about crossplay 🤣

instead of contacting tornbanner… i went straight to the real bosses. i hope they know it was me. 😂 bye bye

• Gimme a break. Just cause people are better than you, no reason to cry ‘hacking’ LOL

• @Hanska Yes, you do need to show us.
    You come on to these forums to complain about hacking.
    The onus is on you to prove, on these forums, that your claims are true.
    You owe every user on these forums the evidence to prove your claim.
    Without evidence your words mean nothing.

If any mods are on, please, delete Hanska’s “hacker” posts if he will not present evidence.
    Nobody should be allowed to claim anything without backing it up with evidence.

• @ShadowbaneR You should visit HK server, my god lots of hacker there, from block script user and speed hacker, I once play there and found 1 crazy fast MAA all his slash straight forward with no hip movement for acceleration slash but his hand slashing blazing fast animation with falchion almost impossible for falchion to do that and after he’s out of stamina and switch to dagger its even more ridiculous animation slash

@Hanska Yes, you do need to show us.

Yes and No, it depends. if @Hanska or @ShadowbaneR are trying to ban a specific player then they do need to provide evidence to Torn Banner/Sony. But if it’s about PC players and hacking in general then they do not. There’s already plenty of evidence out there already. Sites selling / promoting these cheats with tons of footage showing how amazing they are. I’m not going to link to them as I don’t want to promote them.

I’ve been witnessing these things and thinking it’s network issues or similar but I’ve now seen footage recorded and uploaded by some of the culprits, there can be no denying it’s an issue. As a console player it’s a culture shock, where I think seasoned PC players sadly, have got used to it.

Ranting about it isn’t the best approach, but just saying ‘prove it’ or ‘get good’ isn’t helping either. Cheating is an issue. It seems PC only, because it’s easy todo on a pc and next to impossible on a console.
    It’s not a them and us thing, it’s a this needs addressing thing.

Another thing worth a mention is on a console it’s not easy to record / edit / share / report especially when you’re actually trying to play the objective. I have a choice, shrug it off and try to enjoy the game or… spend the entire evening capturing footage of a cheat and reporting them.

• @LordGreybeard said in i want hacking addressed:

@Mista-Pengin said in i want hacking addressed:

@Hanska Yes, you do need to show us.

Yes and No, it depends. if @Hanska or @ShadowbaneR are trying to ban a specific player then they do need to provide evidence to Torn Banner/Sony. But if it’s about PC players and hacking in general then they do not. There’s already plenty of evidence out there already. Sites selling / promoting these cheats with tons of footage showing how amazing they are. I’m not going to link to them as I don’t want to promote them.

I’ve been witnessing these things and thinking it’s network issues or similar but I’ve now seen footage recorded and uploaded by some of the culprits, there can be no denying it’s an issue. As a console player it’s a culture shock, where I think seasoned PC players sadly, have got used to it.

Ranting about it isn’t the best approach, but just saying ‘prove it’ or ‘get good’ isn’t helping either. Cheating is an issue. It seems PC only, because it’s easy todo on a pc and next to impossible on a console.
    It’s not a them and us thing, it’s a this needs addressing thing.

Another thing worth a mention is on a console it’s not easy to record / edit / share / report especially when you’re actually trying to play the objective. I have a choice, shrug it off and try to enjoy the game or… spend the entire evening capturing footage of a cheat and reporting them.

Exactly this.
    For specific players, I have already given Epic plenty of evidence. It is up to them to do something. I should probably supply it to TB as well though.

My post was about cheating in general, and explaining to the uninitiated how to better observe it by describing some of the highly available and used cheats for Chiv 2.

These types of posts are necessary, especially when the typical response to someone being called out for cheating in game is a bunch of players going “You are dumb this game just came out” or… “Who would even cheat in this game”… That is besides the typical ignorant response of “Just because someone is better than you doesn’t mean they are cheating…”

The game desperately needs an AC like BattlEye or the like. Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen since Epic (PC version) seems to have a strong relationship with EAC despite how completely worthless it is. The engine for Chiv 2 isn’t new either by any standard and its client sided. This makes it even easier for the creators of the cheats. These two situations combined are why even the most basic free to use cheats are working and undetected… and in any case when that happens… cheating is always rampant unless the game is suffering serious population decline.

• @LordGreybeard

Yes, they do need to prove their claims.They cannot come on to this forum and claim they found hackers without proving that. Doesn’t matter what sites are out there. Both of them claimed to have found hackers in game, the onus is on them to prove that by providing their own evidence.

And yes. That is exactly the choice I have to make with griefers. Either I keep playing on another server away from them, or I spend my time reporting them and gathering evidence. They are not going to go away by ignoring them.

I get their frustration. But, proof needs to be seen.
    If they just want to vent, this isn’t the place.
    Vent directly to the Mods on Discord.

Either I keep playing on another server away from them

On Console we don’t have that luxury,
    We literally have 4 choices ONLY. local practice / Free for all / Small teams / Big Team.

We can’t disable cross play, we can’t report players in game . The frustration from consolers is easy to understand and there’s already a ton of evidence out their proving pc cheating is not fantasy.

I’ve been intentionally not been posting footage like @Read06 has just done as I don’t want to promote it, but a little part of me is glad he/she did because this is exactly the sort of thing we mean. 20 seconds worth of googling will show you all the proof you could ever need.

Yes, they do need to prove their claims.They cannot come on to this forum and claim they found hackers without proving that. Doesn’t matter what sites are out there. Both of them claimed to have found hackers in game, the onus is on them to prove that by providing their own evidence.

I don’t want to seem like I’m picking on you, especially as I do understand where your coming from. but…

They’re not asking for your approval to ban Bigusd1kusthe3rd… or whoever, so why should they provide evidence to you that they’ve experienced it. This is a ‘Theres a problem that needs addressing’ thread. (admittedly it didn’t start that way)
    More importantly though, banning one player at a time is NOT going to tackle the issue. It’s way bigger than that.

I don’t care if you believe me or not that I’ve experienced these issues personally. And in all honesty often I can’t be 100% sure. Is the reason they’re taking no damage, my blocks are in effective, god like archery skills, one shot kills, taking 20 hits and no damage, holding blocks permanently or hitting me with no animation etc… each and every one could be lag… in fact I’m sure it often / sometimes is.
    This is why it does matter ‘what sites are out there’ as it show clearly that there is a problem. Footage from a hackers POV, surely that counts as evidence?

I don’t want to get into a tit for tat argument with you. All I ask is that the community and especially the devs knowledge there’s a problem and actually want to deal with it. It’s only the devs that can deal with it on the scale it needs addressing.

• @Read06

oh my god, noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!