Picking up fallen soldiers "kits"

• I like how they implement it in the battlefield games, and think it would work on this game as well.

Basically if you find a dead body on the ground (lets say an archer)you can pick up his kit (bow and arrow, secondary weapon and armor) and drop your old kit.

Or perhaps you trade weapons only. Either way would be ok in my book.

• This was talked about a fair bit, but all in all it would be incredibly hard to balance. Maybe picking up the “kit” of your same class, however, after that you would need a lot of hard balancing for example a man at arms picking up an archers bow (fastest class with ranged)

and before a post about non-realism of knights being able to draw a bow or something of the matter T_T

• This would toss any sense of balence out the window.

• His Excellency (Steve Piggott, the lead developer) said himself that this would kill balance. A heavy knight with a crossbow would kill balance. Picking up their whole kit would be very unrealistic and would also come with balance issues.

• The reason this doesn’t work is because each class has its own speeds and damage modifiers. This isn’t the case in the battlefield series.

• why don’t you just continue playing battlefield…

this is unrealistic and sets off the balance.

imagine last man standing (one knight vs one archer remaining) and the archer picks up a vanguard kit.

this would be unfair to the knight who should have an advantage normally…

• How now it was just a thought.
    like ^they said.
    End?

• @v1zor:

why don’t you just continue playing battlefield…

this is unrealistic and sets off the balance.

imagine last man standing (one knight vs one archer remaining) and the archer picks up a vanguard kit.

this would be unfair to the knight who should have an advantage normally…

I can play whatever game I want… prick

Well anyway it was jut an idea. I can see why changing the whole kit (speed/damage modifiers and all) is somewhat unrealistic. I don’t need the extra realism, but i respect the choice of the programmers to maintain the realism, so no complaints.

However, I don’t really see a big problem with the balance. They could always have a somewhat long “kit changing time” (like 5-10 full seconds).

Either way, it doesn’t make or break the game or anything. I just think it’d be cool.