Nerf Crossbowman More

• I noticed that crossbowmen cannot switch weapons while aiming, or kick while holding a crossbow. Also, headshots on most classes with crossbow do not always result in a death. I’m not sure they are nerfed enough though, so I recommend fixing them further by making it so a crossbowman cannot switch weapons at all. People will hardly notice because the weapon switch is so slow already! Also, reducing their health by 50% seems like a good way to make sure that people can one-shot archers with every attack, I’ve noticed that sometimes they survive after getting hit once, those pesky archers! On a side-note I want to say that I am fully in favor of completely freezing crossbowmen’s ability to look around while reloading because my neck muscles always get tense and freeze up when I’m trying to focus on simple tasks. Hopefully with these changes nobody will ever play as crossbowman except by accident (especially in competitive play), and we can all go back to bashing one another’s brains out in melee like honorable medieval warriors always should. :fenc:

• Also, reduce the bolt speed so it’s about the speed of a parking car.

• they run too fast, cut their speed down to about where a knight is and broaden the cross hairs too.

• This is a highly constructive way to post feedback.

• Can we not just have these types of “threads” deleted to discourage this type of behavior?

They just clutter the forum.

• If I just delete it, they won’t learn anything from it.

• @SlyGoat:

This is a highly constructive way to post feedback.

Thank you! 8-)

• This thread is obviously not serious. s9EgBgRSjo0

• All sarcasm aside, Crossbowmen can be brutaly effective when played correctly. In my opinion, they are a incredibly strong class.

Check out my channel for some strategies and ways you can improve your game as a Crossbow user.

• @Albastard:

I noticed that crossbowmen cannot switch weapons while aiming, or kick while holding a crossbow. Also, headshots on most classes with crossbow do not always result in a death. I’m not sure they are nerfed enough though, so I recommend fixing them further by making it so a crossbowman cannot switch weapons at all. People will hardly notice because the weapon switch is so slow already! Also, reducing their health by 50% seems like a good way to make sure that people can one-shot archers with every attack, I’ve noticed that sometimes they survive after getting hit once, those pesky archers! On a side-note I want to say that I am fully in favor of completely freezing crossbowmen’s ability to look around while reloading because my neck muscles always get tense and freeze up when I’m trying to focus on simple tasks. Hopefully with these changes nobody will ever play as crossbowman except by accident (especially in competitive play), and we can all go back to bashing one another’s brains out in melee like honorable medieval warriors always should. :fenc:

[subscript:23q1cr07]l 2 p[/subscript:23q1cr07]

• Crossbow was actully the time of Medieval ages most superior weapon on distance, it was deadly and had a extremely long reloading. Could pierce through any armour without mercy, but as you say the damage then should be increased if you people are asking for more realistic theme.

However I do agree with you that changing weapon should go much more faster then it actully does. It’s not that you are disarmoring yourself.

• And we shall call it…sarcasta-bolt!

• Archer and crossbow do enough damage.
    But the arrow/bolt travel speed…Is ridiculously slow :x

• Killed by a dagger once or twice?
    Use a shield End thread

• To the people who are saying “learn to play”, thanks but I’ve played AOC for over a thousand hours and have been very successful as crossbowman. The crossbow is much weaker overall in this game than in the original and this change is a disappointment especially given that the crossbow wasn’t especially powerful or unbalanced in the first game.

The accuracy has been randomized so it’s impossible to get a consistent aim on distant targets. The damage has been reduced. The reload time has been increased. You cannot look around while reloading. Most characters now carry shields on their backs which deflect arrows. You cannot switch weapons while aiming - you have to stop aiming down the sights and then switch weapons, which feels broken.

I’m not asking for much. I don’t even think a damage increase is necessary. I’m just disappointed because I feel that with the weapon switch issue and the frozen mouselook on reload that the overall control scheme has suffered in the switch from AOC to Chivalry – it feels forced and unnatural. In all honesty I would be satisfied with crossbow if you could look around at least a little bit instead of being forced into a mouse-freezing animation while reloading that completely prevents you from looking around or adjusting your view direction, since (lets be honest) this gameplay mechanic is hard to justify in real life.

I will concede though judging by the responses to this thread that it seems like people still think this class is too powerful… Despite the fact that you already magically can’t kick with a bow out and you can’t look around while reloading and you switch weapons very slowly (if you can switch weapons at all) and the aim is inaccurate, those people might be right and the class might still be too powerful. Maybe you can make it so that the more people you kill with ranged weapons the more ‘dishonor’ points you get and once you get enough of these points God reaches down and smites you for being such a blight on the Agathian mainland.

• Sweet holy mother of passive aggressiveness.

• @Rodelero:

Killed by a dagger once or twice?
    Use a shield End thread

yeah…More than i dare count 8-) He´s knife is maybe bit to fast. He will certainly interrupt any attack you try to throw at him :o