Interested in Map making

• Hello Chivalry team!

Like everyone in this forum i can’t wait for the release of the Old brother of Age of Chivalry.

I made some arena for Age of Chivalry and I’m interested in making some for Chivalry.

Maybe can you explain the way to do it?

Thanks you

• Hi mate.

This game is built using the Unreal engine, with the Unreal development kit. The UDK can be downloaded here which includes the map making tools.

The game is still in alpha at this stage, but you could still become familiarised with the tools while you wait for a release :)

• Thanks Scorp!

Im downloading the UDK but maybe i’ll need the models / objetcs / Textures used in Chivalry to make map no?

• As I say the games in alpha stage just now so that is not possible. But the UDK does come with content from Unreal tournament so that can be used for practice. Or if you wanted to, very much depending on the situation, you could start creating a basic layout or whatever you see fit using Unreal tournament assets as a placeholder until you do have access to the game content.

• Developer

We hope to be able to release a development kit later on that will provide you access to our models and textures for use in your maps. In the mean time, the UDK still allows you to create some really nice outdoor environments with stock assets. You could also use BSP for interiors, doesn’t look as nice but plays the same.

• Do you need to be fluent in c++ or can u just design?

• Developer

We will release our objectives with documentation, so it may take a small amount of kismet scripting but with instructions it shouldn’t be too hard for you guys to make some awesome stuff on your own.

• I reckon i can make a fairly detailed map, (as i’ve always wanted to make a crusader map!) but the scripting would be challenge for me. :L

• @Tibberius:

We hope to be able to release a development kit later on that will provide you access to our models and textures for use in your maps. In the mean time, the UDK still allows you to create some really nice outdoor environments with stock assets. You could also use BSP for interiors, doesn’t look as nice but plays the same.

It is a good initiative ;)