The good and bad of patch

• Lets start with the good obviously.

GOOD:

1. Less bots, the game feels so much better now that the bots are going away. Across all game modes as well, just much better.

2. God bots. Every once in a while there is a god bot that will catch you off guard and thrash the ever living hell out of you. Either through none stop swings or constant counters into attacks. Always catches me off guard as you used to just always 1-2 tap all bots no issues.

3. TY for removing a weapon that was bugged while you fix rather than leaving it in the game.

4. Partying… not sure if fixed or not. Hard getting my friends to come back and play at this point but ty either way assuming it is fixed and I can party with them rather than just join the same server.

5. TY for fixing the annoying killing your own teammate with bandages bug. That always did dmg to them.

BAD:

1. Queuing for attacks doesn’t feel right. It’s not queuing sometimes or it is queuing something so old that I’m not sure why it is doing certain things.

2. The forced spawn running in FFA is utterly debilitating. Having everyone spawn on one side together leads to the fact you can easily tell some spawn points are very poorly placed. Giving the person spawning behind the option to attack the person in front without the other person even having control yet. It feels horrible w/ the forced run. I’m not sure why you don’t have just stationary spawns, it would make a lot more sense. Also while you are locking into running people can attack you and you cannot do anything to stop it.

3. It feels like the 1-handed sword animation does not seem to match it’s range of attack. I knew it felt long pre-patch but it is VERY noticeable now after the patch. It reaches FAR too far compared to the animation. This could be because I am no longer seeing the bigger issue with 1-handed spears doing the same.

Suggestions/Noticed issues:

1. Separate TDM from your attack defense maps. The A/D maps are just not balanced well currently. I imagine your internal numbers show some seriously one sided maps. And with the lack of bots now, you are probably seeing more issues than you used to on some map areas. As the bots were the ones doing the objectives while players had no reason to. This will adjust over time obviously. Still, there is no easy fix here as some of the issues deal with the simple number of players playing the map. As playing offense on 40man is better odds of winning and on 64man it is better to play defense. But in the mean time, let me just play as a team and do TDM.

2. Catapults are too rewarding for still using them wrongly. I am not saying kick people from the server, but some way to eject a player from catapults and also add a bonus negative that if you kill more than one of your teammates it is very punishing in score. As it stands, you can just willy nilly fire it into piles and know you will come out positive scored no problems. You will get bonus points for killing multiple enemy and just get a flat number that is less than kills for teammate deaths. Doesn’t balance out well score wise. I’d suggest a -200 points for multiple teammate kills in a row.

3. FFA invis player spawning. You have had constant spawning issues w/ FFA since launch. You are cramming too many people into a tiny map with poor spawn points. It seems like your spawning logic is piling as many ppl spawning in one location as much as possible. You are not looking at player density but seems to just be a simple rotation of set zones. It cause a lot of problems, specially since bots have gone. People are not clearing out from spawning points as fast anymore because the avg to kill a person has increased with no bots. So you are just piling people on each other w/ forced running and it just feels horrid. Suggestions to fix. Adjust logic of spawning to spread people out better, stop the forced running spawns, reduce player count on FFA so it doesn’t overwhelm the limited spawn points.

4. Add FFA maps, none of them are. So the spawn points are screwy, the resupply is screwy. You can easily modify the TDM maps to have better focal points in FFA. Such as 1 resupply in center and that helps promote people to move away from the edges and the such. It will help with the spawning as well. It will promote people to move. You can also adjust the playable area on the maps to better suit the FFA idea as well.

5. Last round kill King moments. You need to find a way to force the King to not just camp a spawn point. It’s stupid game play. If the defensive team understands anything, they can easily just pile that one area and even fire nades won’t get the king. As fire nades are doubled edged. It denies the area, for both sides. Which can make a horrid choke point even more horrid for the offense as well.

6. Adjust how mobile someone can be with certain 2handers. The spin to win can be a little broken with certain weapons. Main culprit being the executioner axe. You can spin around and move forward and backward while charging it up a bit too much. Another option would be to nerf how far you get knocked back when countering/blocking those weapons as well. It’s not that it is impossible to beat, for the skill to do vs the reward to doing it… it’s not balanced right.

7. Add more stamina to archers, it feels like it has the least amount of mobility. Which makes no sense. They should be the fastest class to move in and out of combat and it feels like Vanguard and Footman both have better mobility than archer.

8. Javelin archer feels super weak. It is by far the weakest 1handed spear option probably since you can throw it. But it is easy to block it. The animation is super obvious and slow. It probably could do more thrown dmg and feel better. As much as I love xbow, I found the 1 shot death to a body shot from a javelin felt balanced and right in terms of archer vs archer. Javelin needs something. Even more mobility for archer would help as again footman feels better and useful w/ shield/spear than archer tiny shield/javelin.

• No bots? No buy.

Can’t buy a game that relies on an active community to allow me to play. Too many games have gone unplayable because it needs a certain number of players to get matches going and it forces players into other game modes and keeps them from populating dead servers because everyone gravitates to where the players are.

RIP Battlefield 3 when they sold off the servers and the community stopped playing DLC maps and piled up in metro 24/7 servers. Bots would’ve saved that game.

I’m seeing a lot of youtube comments saying the game feels empty and off now.

• The ideal number of bots is disputable, although I wouldn t put there too much myself, but one thing is certain: bots need to be a lot more intelligent and also more skilled in battle. Their only purpose if you ask me is to fill servers, but the way they behave right now, is really not a good replacement for a player.
    One cannot play empty servers, but you also cannot enjoy a game where half of the army is just standing there waiting to get hit and walking in the way of the players. They barely achieve to help in the objectyives

• @Legio-Lazarus bot improvement is always welcome imo. But if there is a certain number of players required for a match begins, it’s the beginning of the end. People are impatient and I’ve seen games die with a system like that because there was nothing to do but wait. Gamers want that instant gratification and beating up some bots is a very good way to wait for a server to fill up.

• @Humpypants said in The good and bad of patch:

No bots? No buy.

Can’t buy a game that relies on an active community to allow me to play. Too many games have gone unplayable because it needs a certain number of players to get matches going and it forces players into other game modes and keeps them from populating dead servers because everyone gravitates to where the players are.

RIP Battlefield 3 when they sold off the servers and the community stopped playing DLC maps and piled up in metro 24/7 servers. Bots would’ve saved that game.

I’m seeing a lot of youtube comments saying the game feels empty and off now.

F bots! Go play single player bye

• What happened to the server browser?