Say ,,no" to too much customization

• In my opinion cmw is something like an e-sport. So you just should have really important informations: If you see a player you should only know which team and class he is and which weapons he uses.
    I´m playing this game because the game mechanics are lovely. But i dont want, that the people play this game, because they can unlock customizations. I´m not against a few helmets, shield customization and emblems, but dont do too much. I think that this is the plan but im a little bit scared because here are so many people, who are crying for customization. That should never be a main aspect of this game.

• I’m Chuckdatass and I approve this message. Teams and Classes should always be super defined and never in doubt on the battlefield. Now all I want is this.(Yes its a chick)

• I don’t particularly care if there is a lot of customization, only that the game wasn’t built around customization.

I enjoy games, not the carrot on a stick they lead me around with. coughWar of the Rosescough

• @KÄPTn:

In my opinion cmw is something like an e-sport. So you just should have really important informations: If you see a player you should only know which team and class he is and which weapons he uses.
    I´m playing this game because the game mechanics are lovely. But i dont want, that the people play this game, because they can unlock customizations. I´m not against a few helmets, shield customization and emblems, but dont do too much. I think that this is the plan but im a little bit scared because here are so many people, who are crying for customization. That should never be a main aspect of this game.

A proper competition mod should fix such issues even when the vanilla game has extensive customizations.

• I don’t think the OP is seeing the real picture here. I think what people want in this game, are more classes and unlockables to allow for more unique builds and playstyles. 4 classes isn’t enough to keep a strong community alive for very long, but first they have to balance out the original 4 they already have.

This game is going to get very stale and deserted unless Torn Banner hauls ass and puts in more content in the form of new unique classes, items, new gamemodes and maps. It shouldn’t have been released in its current state, it needed more time.

• If they keep the aesthetics of the classes but just add different looking things there wont be any problem recognizing classes. Heavy plate is Knight, the tabard is vanguard, lightly armored is MaA and Archer is the clothed one.

@Juvante:

I don’t think the OP is seeing the real picture here. I think what people want in this game, are more classes and unlockables to allow for more unique builds and playstyles. 4 classes isn’t enough to keep a strong community alive for very long, but first they have to balance out the original 4 they already have.

This game is going to get very stale and deserted unless Torn Banner hauls ass and puts in more content in the form of new unique classes, items, new gamemodes and maps. It shouldn’t have been released in its current state, it needed more time.

Are you serious? 4 classes is definitely not too few, there is tons of variety in all the different weapons as well. Each class has 9 main weapons, 9 secondary and then some misc items. How is that not enough?

More classes just risks greater unbalance.

• I don’t see class or team recognition becoming much of an issue no matter what the extent of customization is as long as color scheme and general armor type remains the same. When you see a guy coming at you in plate armor you know it’s a Knight even if he’s got a cape and a beard and an eyepatch or whatever.

• @SlyGoat:

I don’t see class or team recognition becoming much of an issue no matter what the extent of customization is as long as color scheme and general armor type remains the same. When you see a guy coming at you in plate armor you know it’s a Knight even if he’s got a cape and a beard and an eyepatch or whatever.

Please, no capes! Don’t you remember what happened in The Incredibles.

• @SlyGoat:

When you see a guy coming at you in plate armor you know it’s a Knight even if he’s got a cape and a beard and an eyepatch or whatever.

But then, who’d care if he has a beard, an eyepatch or a big pimple on his nose?

Don’t get me wrong - there should be more customization options in terms of more classes, weapons etc, but if it doesn’t add any gameplay value, it’s a waste of ressources.

There’s plenty of Barbie-dressup browser games around if someone is into that kind of stuff.

• @Baron:

@SlyGoat:

When you see a guy coming at you in plate armor you know it’s a Knight even if he’s got a cape and a beard and an eyepatch or whatever.

But then, who’d care if he has a beard, an eyepatch or a big pimple on his nose?

Don’t get me wrong - there should be more customization options in terms of more classes, weapons etc, but if it doesn’t add any gameplay value, it’s a waste of ressources.

There’s plenty of Barbie-dressup browser games around if someone is into that kind of stuff.

The value is that it adds a bit of depth for those that play for fun, without getting too competitive. Also, even for players that are highly competitive, it’s awesome to have the ability to pimp out your character and make him look like the badass you are.

As long as it doesn’t change any stats, purely cosmetic, it’s definitely worth it.

• STOP HAVING FUN, GUYS

How 'bout this-
    Allow cosmetic customization, but give players the option to force the vanilla skins on their end. Boom, problems solved.

• @SlyGoat:

I don’t see class or team recognition becoming much of an issue no matter what the extent of customization is as long as color scheme and general armor type remains the same. When you see a guy coming at you in plate armor you know it’s a Knight even if he’s got a cape and a beard and an eyepatch or whatever.

The Eyepatch is over his helmet, because the guy coming at you? He’s hardcore.

• I want to skin my Shield,

I want it Mirror Gold like Perseus!

• @KÄPTn:

In my opinion cmw is something like an e-sport. So you just should have really important informations: If you see a player you should only know which team and class he is and which weapons he uses.

I agree. I would love some customization. But as you said a few helmets and shield emblems. That’s enough for me.

• Honestly more customization is what I want to see more of. After unlocking all the weapons I feel like there’s nothing left to work toward. With nothing to look forward to it just becomes mindless killing after a few hundred hours and that makes me feel like a psychopath. :|

• @faltion:

Honestly more customization is what I want to see more of. After unlocking all the weapons I feel like there’s nothing left to work toward. With nothing to look forward to it just becomes mindless killing after a few hundred hours and that makes me feel like a psychopath. :|

Work towards becoming a better player.

What more motivation do you need? Skill is the ultimate depth for a video game, and this game has a high skill ceiling.

• I say “yes” to more customization. I want it all: more helmets, armors, weapons, coat of arms, (different voices?). But everything “team colored” so there is no problem distinguishing who is who.
    It should however be restricted to Western medieval stuff. I don’t feel like Samurai armor should be in (like in cRPG).

• @Hearst:

@faltion:

Honestly more customization is what I want to see more of. After unlocking all the weapons I feel like there’s nothing left to work toward. With nothing to look forward to it just becomes mindless killing after a few hundred hours and that makes me feel like a psychopath. :|

Work towards becoming a better player.

What more motivation do you need? Skill is the ultimate depth for a video game, and this game has a high skill ceiling.

But don’t get too good, or you end up getting vote kicked from pub servers. :(

Dumb is as dumb does…

• @faltion:

Behold the console generation of gamers. Players who need artificial achievements, unlocks and progress bars to keep any interest in a game. You need to realize that improving your skills should be the main drive to play, not getting that Master Sergeant Colonel Sniper Pro badge or gold plated silenced scoped Desert Eagle.

(Nothing against you, faltion, just making a general statement.)

• @Alpha:

@faltion:

Behold the console generation of gamers. Players who need artificial achievements, unlocks and progress bars to keep any interest in a game. You need to realize that improving your skills should be the main drive to play, not getting that Master Sergeant Colonel Sniper Pro badge or gold plated silenced scoped Desert Eagle.

(Nothing against you, faltion, just making a general statement.)

Yeah, it is rather unfortunate. They are also extremely vocal about their pseudo-empirical view regarding game design and weapon balance, eager to drum up false representation wherever possible.

I remember when striving to improve and be the best was enough of a reason for people to play.

“Steam Achievement Unlocked - You have walked 1000 paces in Chivalry Medieval Warfare!”