Newbie Questions

• have a few questions:

1. How do people change their in-game names? Do they do it from Steam or is there a console command for it?

2. i noticed while playing Mason Order that some people shout “For The Order” or “Kill them all” or “100 gold pieces for the King’s head” but i could never find the right comms message for them. Is there some easter eggs which i dont know about?

3. During tutorial, u can use arrow cam to see catapult shots. But in multiplayer game, when i press arrow cam, nothing happens. Is this normal or u are suppose to be able to cam-follow catapult shots?

• 1.) console (~)
    type "setname yourname"
    press enter

2.) press X to shout or z for more specific commands

3.) And don’t think you can for catapults.

• With regards to Catapult cam, sounds like another bug!

• @Chuckdatass:

1.) console (~)
    type "setname yourname"
    press enter

For 2) i know the key for mobile battlecry, normal battlecry & comms menu(tact msg 1, tact msg 2, personal 1, personal 2). Am i still missing any others? I cant seem to find the way to those specific yells which i mentioned, do u have to be of a certain class?

new Qn 4) is there a leaderboard or kill/death/other stats tracking (like accuracy etc) going on at this moment?

• @Archm4ge:

@Chuckdatass:

1.) console (~)
    type "setname yourname"
    press enter

For 2) i know the key for mobile battlecry, normal battlecry & comms menu(tact msg 1, tact msg 2, personal 1, personal 2). Am i still missing any others? I cant seem to find the way to those specific yells which i mentioned, do u have to be of a certain class?

new Qn 4) is there a leaderboard or kill/death/other stats tracking (like accuracy etc) going on at this moment?

No you got them all, they are random sometimes, except for the objective ones. And no, no leader board for now.

• @Archm4ge:

@Chuckdatass:

1.) console (~)
    type "setname yourname"
    press enter

The specific yells like “Kill the king” or “Stop the wagon!” is under tactical msg 1, item 5 I believe. The menu item is called “Go for Objective” or something like that. Basically you can spam that as you charge the peasants in Stoneshill and you will scream “BBBUUURNNNN THE PEASANTS, BUUURRNNN THEM ALL!!!” which I love to do and love it when there’s others screaming the same thing beside me. That command will yell out objective specific comments, and change as the objective does.

1. Does kick do any damage to the opponent or its just purely to move him? If so, how much damage does it do? But i have never seen a kill with the kick icon before. It does show some blood when i kick a friendly so i am confused.

2. Will it make any difference if i “only equip the mace” VS i “equip mace and shield”? Specifically i am looking for the benefits of equipping a mace without a shield on the other hand. My thinking is, if there is no benefit, why would the developers specially assign a key for doing just that?

• Kick does 5 damage and doesn’t halt regeneration, so essentially it doesn’t do damage. It doesn’t just knock enemies back, however, it also flinches them for a brief period during which they cannot block, move or attack.

There is no advantage to using most weapons without a shield. The only exception is the knight swords, which deal more damage (but swing slower) when wielded in 2 hands.

• I thought that equipping a shield reduced the stamina regeneration rate. Is this incorrect?

• @ChemicalAgent:

I thought that equipping a shield reduced the stamina regeneration rate. Is this incorrect?

I’m not sure where you got that from. I’ve never heard anything like it.

• Actually a solid benefit to not using a shield with a 1h weapon is you don’t have a big ass shield on your screen.

• Is there any way to change your class in the middle of a round?

• Benefit or not equipping your shield with 1h weapon is the ability to kick. When you got your shield on, you can bash with it.

Change class or loadout during a round, hit M. Hitting N changes teams.

Hit C and see what it does. Have to be still though.

• @SlyGoat:

@ChemicalAgent:

I thought that equipping a shield reduced the stamina regeneration rate. Is this incorrect?

I assumed this as well given that the shields have a “Stamina Cost” percentage. The descriptions also imply a penalty in movement speed.

• @Tycn:

@SlyGoat:

@ChemicalAgent:

I assumed this as well given that the shields have a “Stamina Cost” percentage. The descriptions also imply a penalty in movement speed.

As a new player, I was wondering about this too. I have been running my Man-At-Arms with no shield, under the assumption that shields drain stamina faster, since as you say it shows “Stamina Cost” in the info screen for them. I hope I am interpreting this correctly.

• It drains stamina as you hold it up. So you should still just tap your shield. Or just hold it for a short period. That is what it is referring to. I personally love going MAA with shield.

• @Chuckdatass:

It drains stamina as you hold it up. So you should still just tap your shield. Or just hold it for a short period. That is what it is referring to. I personally love going MAA with shield.

So does it drain your stamina any more than blocking with only your sword? In other words, when I hold my sword up to block, is it draining less stamina than if I was holding up a shield?

• @Supernautilus:

@Chuckdatass:

It drains stamina as you hold it up. So you should still just tap your shield. Or just hold it for a short period. That is what it is referring to. I personally love going MAA with shield.

So does it drain your stamina any more than blocking with only your sword? In other words, when I hold my sword up to block, is it draining less stamina than if I was holding up a shield?

TBH its pretty comparable. Just that people tend to actually hold a block, instead of just tapping it. So that’s where the stamina increase is found. Otherwise, its bout the same.