Smudge on my screen…

• I get this nasty looking smudge on my screen sometimes and it really ruins my view… I’ve tried hitting “ESC” or “Shift Tab” just to see if it goes away but it seems to only go away randomly. On one map I believe its Arena the smudge will not go away everytime I play that map its always there. Any suggestions?

• Is the smudge the white smoke thing? Is it something else?
    Is it a graphical glitch because of outdated drivers?
    Is the smudge due to the lack of Anisotropic Filtering (which can be fixed by editing a config file)?

Need more detail.

• Some type of artifacting? Are your video card drivers up to date. Do you know what temps your GPU hits during gameplay? Do you have your GPU OC’d?

Does this happen in other games you play?

• Cumshot?

Either way - this doesn’t look like any heat/driver related artifacting I’ve ever encountered in any game.

• 306.97 Drivers on an Evga 275 gtx. The smudge is stuck on the map arena but on other maps it happens when I get attacked sometimes… like when your screen goes grey for a sec when you get hit. I dont overclock the card other than how Evga overclocked it like they always sell cards this way… I play on low settings also even though I can play on the highest I want max performance.

• Bizarre.

Does it still occur if you adjust your video settings?

• @Beaver24/7:

306.97 Drivers on an Evga 275 gtx. The smudge is stuck on the map arena but on other maps it happens when I get attacked sometimes… like when your screen goes grey for a sec when you get hit. I dont overclock the card other than how Evga overclocked it like they always sell cards this way… I play on low settings also even though I can play on the highest I want max performance.

What is the smudge you are talking about? Can you circle it in the picture?

If it’s the white smokey thing, perhaps your Steam download is corrupted - check the cache integrity in Steam.

• Have you tried downloading some Windex?

• Lol windex… well the smudge is the white part and I’ve heard of other people having this happen. Its really odd…

• I’ve had the same issue but it was yellow and was on the right of my screen. Restarting the game fixed this.

• I am too late for the windex joke.

• Perhaps you would have better chances getting this fixed if it was posted in the support section?

• i’ve had this happen to me before as well it just looks like a portion of the sky texture is burned into your screen at all times. usually hitting escape would reset it or if i died but i have no idea how to replicate it (doesnt happen that often for me)

• I figured out what it was… I turned on Bloom in my video settings and it went away.

• @hammerhands:

i’ve had this happen to me before as well it just looks like a portion of the sky texture is burned into your screen at all times. usually hitting escape would reset it or if i died but i have no idea how to replicate it (doesnt happen that often for me)

I can confirm this, I actually was looking at the air when I spawned and when I started moving and looking around a piece of sky stuck on my screen same as the OP’s screenshot.

Would be cool if this thread could be moved to the support section though.