Hunting Knife

• The hunting knife is not a good weapon.

There is no reason to use it over the broad dagger, in fact, it is significantly worse than the broad dagger.

It should be faster to swing, have a longer reach, or do more damage so that there is a compelling reason to use it besides unlocking other weapons.

• You have a point. The Hunting Knife is just plain worse than the broad dagger. The hunting knife should definitely be buffed. The way I think they should do it is making it REALLY fast to swing, because after all it does have less metal than the broad dagger. This would make the weapon more strategically different from the dagger, and worth using.

• @adamcel6:

You have a point. The Hunting Knife is just plain worse than the broad dagger. The hunting knife should definitely be buffed. The way I think they should do it is making it REALLY fast to swing, because after all it does have less metal than the broad dagger. This would make the weapon more strategically different from the dagger, and worth using.

I got surprised last night to :o Unlock hunting knife. And to my surprise! WTF…is worse than the broad dagger :( Need some kind of buff…or make it first weapon. And the broad dagger second unlock instead :D

• @Exiled:

@adamcel6:

You have a point. The Hunting Knife is just plain worse than the broad dagger. The hunting knife should definitely be buffed. The way I think they should do it is making it REALLY fast to swing, because after all it does have less metal than the broad dagger. This would make the weapon more strategically different from the dagger, and worth using.

I got surprised last night to :o Unlock hunting knife. And to my surprise! WTF…is worse than the broad dagger :( Need some kind of buff…or make it first weapon. And the broad dagger second unlock instead :D

We all agree. I REALLY hope the devs read this and fix the weapon.

• Daggers in general aren’t worth using over the shortsword/cudgel. Thrusting dagger is at least better than the saber though. Hunting knife is just a particularly bad case.

• @SlyGoat:

Daggers in general aren’t worth using over the shortsword/cudgel. Thrusting dagger is at least better than the saber though. Hunting knife is just a particularly bad case.

Well i’m thinking it should just be super duper fast to swing, almost stupidly fast.

• It is currently the fastest weapon in the game. Faster than fists even, and substantially faster at comboing (combo rates need tweaking though IMO).

• @SlyGoat:

Daggers in general aren’t worth using over the shortsword/cudgel. Thrusting dagger is at least better than the saber though. Hunting knife is just a particularly bad case.

The reach on the saber bumps it up in the ‘tiers’ of secondaries for me. It has helped me kill a many spamming vanguards/knights by poking their chests ever so slightly.