Deleted

• Deleted because I didn’t word things right. Can a Moderator please delete this post?

• If they introduce any form of micro-transaction like this im done playing.

Earn your stuff ingame, I hate when theres a monetized option. It completely ruins immersion.

With the game sales along with $86k from kickstarter they should be fine. Id buy $5-$10 map packs, though.

• Are you planning on releasing DLC? If so, will it be free?

Yes and more yes. We are firm believers that gameplay-relevant DLC should be free, just do us a favour and tell your friends about it.

Source: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/f-a-q

I always thought that armor/helmet customizations/any aesthetics would be cash shop based but I’m 90% sure one of the devs said they would be totally free.

• Map packs are stupid if you have to pay for them. It just splits up the playerbase.

• Well the devs are cool guys and support modding so we will eventually see custom maps making the selling of map packs a little bit useless ^^

• I’d be ok with an aesthetic only real money shop. I’d love to show my support.

Obviously ANYTHING like maps, weapons, UI features (gear setups, progress bars, anything), server access (slots, or joining a server), VOIP, etc should be free. The moment even a weapon unlock goes pay2play this game will slip down the drain like a korean mmo.

• I play with devs all the time in game, they said all map packs/weapon packs DLC will be completely free forever.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

I’d be ok with an aesthetic only real money shop. I’d love to show my support.

Obviously ANYTHING like maps, weapons, UI features (gear setups, progress bars, anything), server access (slots, or joining a server), VOIP, etc should be free. The moment even a weapon unlock goes pay2play this game will slip down the drain like a korean mmo.

This is what I meant - I guess I didn’t explain myself well enough - by perks I meant cosmetics stuff - I too dislike pay to win - thats why I left LOTR online. Sorry for the confusion.

• Is it really a donation if you’re expecting something in return?

• There are two reason for purchasing content:
    1. Support the devs
    2. Acquire content
    These two can exist in different proportions. For example you buy 0.5$ worth of content for 5$, meaning supporting the devs made up 90% of your reason for the purchase.

• Locked upon request.