COMPETITION PLAY - Teamwarfare League

• Hello All,

I wanted to see if any guilds/clans would be interested in some friendly competitive play over at TWL (Teamwarfare League) http://teamwarfare.com/

I’m sure some of you have already participated or actively participate in competition at TWL but for those of you who have not, it is a very organized and friendly league to be a part of.

I realize this game just released 3 days ago but I thought it’d be interesting to get this dialogue started.

TWL offers formats of Ladder competition where it’s rank based and, in order to move up the ladder, you must challenge the clans/guilds above you. Winning a match will obviously move you above your opponent. They also offer tournaments w/ playoff brackets.

If interested, please register and express your team’s interest in this thread I’ve started:
    http://teamwarfare.com/forums/showthrea … orumid=661

Also, hop around the other currently active leagues to get a feel for the environment.

See you on the battlefield.

• DonnieD (alias is Skywa1ker at TWL)

• I’m interested !

• I would probably buy this game if there were some nice competition going on =).

• I’d be down, but of course, you knew that.

How do people feel about competition size and game mode? Personally, I feel that last man standing fits perfectly in a 6v6 - 8v8 capacity, in strictly infantry only (trebuchets, ballistas, et al would be banned).

I would love to hear from some of the other clans (I’m looking at you, Vq) concerning this.

• We are looking to scrim other teams. We would join a league if the conditions were right. Mainly we’re looking for good competition. Any league that can offer that with a good structure we’d be interested in joining.

I posted in another thread about some of the things we’d like to see in chivalry scrims.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3737

• we are interested

• It would be great to organize some realistic battles ! For example: 20vs20 on Last man standing mode or plain map or other the winning team is first to X rounds win. Imagine a first line of shield and pikemen and behind them the group of bowmen and crossbowmen… ! For my part, I lead a team with 25 guys atm with a bowmen company and an infantry company.
    I’m searching for others teams who are interested !

• Hey everyone,

The only way we can convince Teamwarfare League to even consider supporting Chivalry for competitive play is to register at http://www.teamwarfare.com and voice your interest.

I can count at least a dozen North American guilds/clans that have introduced themselves in this forum. Scrimming is fun but I can guarantee that it is so much more fulfilling to compete in an actual league. An organized league would bring structure and more attention to your team and to the game as a whole.

• I cannot stress the importance of going to the forums of these leagues and voicing your opinion over the game. Leagues are always hesitant to take on new games unless they believe the numbers will be there, same goes for lan events. If you want to see a competitive community exist for this game goto teamwarfare, goto cevo, goto any league that allows you to suggest a new title and voice your opinion for it.

If we have a strong presence in these leagues the game will snowball meaning more sponsors more lan events more competition and more fun!

What people need to realize is that with a title like CMW, the community needs to be the pioneers for these events. Don’t just be interested, go out and let them know that you are interested. We need to prove to them that the game is suitable for competitive play and that we can fill a league / tournament with plenty of teams and competitions.

• @hammerhands:

I cannot stress the importance of going to the forums of these leagues and voicing your opinion over the game. Leagues are always hesitant to take on new games unless they believe the numbers will be there, same goes for lan events. If you want to see a competitive community exist for this game goto teamwarfare, goto cevo, goto any league that allows you to suggest a new title and voice your opinion for it.

If we have a strong presence in these leagues the game will snowball meaning more sponsors more lan events more competition and more fun!

What people need to realize is that with a title like CMW, the community needs to be the pioneers for these events. Don’t just be interested, go out and let them know that you are interested. We need to prove to them that the game is suitable for competitive play and that we can fill a league / tournament with plenty of teams and competitions.

While I can’t agree more with you here, I get a 404 when I try to register an account at TWL :(

• What is the current rule-set for scrims?

• Staff over at TWL have created a new forum for Chivalry.

This is your opportunity to pour in your support by registering and discussing Chivalry competition.
    http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/forum … orumid=771

If we can show enough interest and activity, we should be able to get some competition going.

• @SlyGoat:

@hammerhands:

I cannot stress the importance of going to the forums of these leagues and voicing your opinion over the game. Leagues are always hesitant to take on new games unless they believe the numbers will be there, same goes for lan events. If you want to see a competitive community exist for this game goto teamwarfare, goto cevo, goto any league that allows you to suggest a new title and voice your opinion for it.

While I can’t agree more with you here, I get a 404 when I try to register an account at TWL :(

Slygoat, you’re right. Registration form is down, right now.

Sit tight, everybody! I’m hoping they fix it, soon.

• Register at this link:

http://teamwarfare.com/addplayer.asp

• I’m up for tournament, who else?

• @Sophax:

I’m up for tournament, who else?

I’m Down for a tournament if you are!