Support class

• I would like to know how will work the support class :geek:

• Hmm… Duno.

My guess: some sort of medic who runs around bandaging wounded ppl 8-)

• @Injection:

Hmm… Duno.

My guess: some sort of medic who runs around bandaging wounded ppl 8-)

VERY unlikely.

At this point, it’s basically confirmed there’ll be a Siege Engineer which would fall under support. Some kind of commander/buffing class is possible too. But as for a medic… was discussed to death in AoC and decided it wasn’t the best way to go for the game, so I’d suspect the same as true for CBFA.

• I find that a Commander/Buffer would be no good idea, buffs and all this would go in no way to the immersive universe of age of chivalry. It would make artificial the notion of command, It already works alone without having to integrate it under this shape. It’s natural that when you are fighting against the enemy, when you see a brother in arms killing many of them, shouting in his microphone etc. , it naturally motivates you to rush and crush the enemy, and conversely when your team is being killed then you tend to run away like a coward. It is more realistic the way it is actually.
    On clan war every team got a chieftain who is here to motivate the troops and make the tactics.

• A medic will ruin the whole non-stop-fighting, as people will retreat to get healed, which makes the game slower and not really constant.

I’d love to see a class that can refill ammo, he can have a man-at-arms sword and throwing knives, slow like a knight due to his ammo-packages he’s carrying with him, could be fun :P

• @TulakHord:

I’d love to see a class that can refill ammo, he can have a man-at-arms sword and throwing knives, slow like a knight due to his ammo-packages he’s carrying with him, could be fun :P

No, that’s too much too. there is ammo crates scattered around, ppl can use those if they want to.

My opinion is, “no”.

The engineer class or what ever it was named, is a cool idea, but anything more is pushing it.

• @Holy_Teal:

I find that a Commander/Buffer would be no good idea, buffs and all this would go in no way to the immersive universe of age of chivalry. It would make artificial the notion of command, It already works alone without having to integrate it under this shape. It’s natural that when you are fighting against the enemy, when you see a brother in arms killing many of them, to shout in his microphone etc. , it naturally motivates you to rush and crush the enemy, and when your team is being killed then you tend to run away as a coward. It is more realistic the way it is actually.
    On clan war every team got a chieftain who is here to motivate the troops and to make the tactics.

Sure, you can have someone on a mic telling everyone what to do, and hell if he’s really a good tactician it might help and might make you play better.

However, one thing you can’t simulate is the surge of adrenaline a warrior charging into the fray to the sound of war drums and the shouts of his comrades. It’s a very real thing and that’s what the commander/buffing class would emulate. Some badass general leading a charge and shouting out the details of your enemies’ upcoming demise and what you plan to do with their women when you capture and pillage their cities is going to get your blood pumping and make you fight harder.

• @SlyGoat:

@Holy_Teal:

I find that a Commander/Buffer would be no good idea, buffs and all this would go in no way to the immersive universe of age of chivalry. It would make artificial the notion of command, It already works alone without having to integrate it under this shape. It’s natural that when you are fighting against the enemy, when you see a brother in arms killing many of them, to shout in his microphone etc. , it naturally motivates you to rush and crush the enemy, and when your team is being killed then you tend to run away as a coward. It is more realistic the way it is actually.
    On clan war every team got a chieftain who is here to motivate the troops and to make the tactics.

Sure, you can have someone on a mic telling everyone what to do, and hell if he’s really a good tactician it might help and might make you play better.

However, one thing you can’t simulate is the surge of adrenaline a warrior charging into the fray to the sound of war drums and the shouts of his comrades. It’s a very real thing and that’s what the commander/buffing class would emulate. Some badass general leading a charge and shouting out the details of your enemies’ upcoming demise and what you plan to do with their women when you capture and pillage their cities is going to get your blood pumping and make you fight harder.

In AoC, when you spawn, there is several seconds before u start loosing stamina. You can sprint to the battle from your spawn, without being tired when u get there.
    I think they are going to keep this.

• Regen of hp apart from the fact it’s totally irrealistic is something that doesn’t fit Age of Chivalry in my eyes, it is generally useless in most of the cases, and when few ppls use it at their advantage it is generally translated by running out the fight like an headless chicken to regen some hp, it breaks the dynamic of the game. Clearly, for me, regen hp harms the game more than anything else.

Maybe, making different steps of regen would be a good idea, for exemple:
    -First step : if you got 70-100% of your hp, you can still regen to 100%.
    -Second step: if you got 40-69% of your hp, you can still regen to 69%.
    -Third step: if you got 10-39% of your hp, you can still regen to 39%.
    -Fourth step: if you got 1-9% of your hp, you can’t regen anymore.
    => Every step would be marked by a bloody visual graphic effect as it is already in Age of Chivalry: Source.

• @Holy_Teal:

Regen of hp apart from the fact it’s totally irrealistic is something that doesn’t fit Age of Chivalry in my eyes, it is generally useless in most of the cases, and when few ppls use it at their advantage it is generally translated by running out the fight like an headless chicken to regen some hp, it breaks the dynamic of the game. Clearly, for me, regen hp harms the game more than anything else.

Maybe, making different steps of regen would be a good idea, for exemple:
    -First step : if you got 70-100% of your hp, you can still regen to 100%.
    -Second step: if you got 40-69% of your hp, you can still regen to 69%.
    -Third step: if you got 10-39% of your hp, you can still regen to 39%.
    -Fourth step: if you got 1-9% of your hp, you can’t regen anymore.
    => Every step would be marked by a bloody visual graphic effect as it is already in Age of Chivalry: Source.

Health regeneration was added mainly as a buff to defending teams. Basically, before health regeneration was added, the defending team would - after successfully defending an attack - have their surviving team members suicide so that they can respawn with full HP rather than remaining injured.

Obviously, that broke immersion a LOT more than health regeneration does. I’d rather have people regrowing limbs than killing themselves so that they can be magically restored 10 seconds later.

• True that. ^

• Well what you say it’s true but hopefully only true for Age of Chivalry: Source. As it is planned in CBFA, there will be unlockable weapons and armors, so i think that suicides and teamkills basically will affect your points and your capacity to unlock thoses bonus.
    In addition the suicide command has great chance to be not incorporated in CBFA.

• You cant have an fps without suicide command :P

What if you get stuck. Or you just want to suicide because you CBA(cant be arsed :) ) to run a big distance till a place that it’s close to your spawn.

REmember that it’s a game…

• Well i missed the point anyway, i forgot that you can still jump from high places and suicide. :P
    I think making suicide malus would be a good idea, there are different solutions to prevent this…

• Players already heal up slowly when at full stamina in AoC, perhaps the medic can slowly heal them up if they are standing still before they reach full stamina…or perhaps the medic can sacrifice their stamina to heal, or perhaps give their stamina to another player.
    But “support” doesn’t mean healing only.
    They could replace the supply crates with support units who can give out arrows or throwing weapons.
    -Aren

• @Aren:

Players already heal up slowly when at full stamina in AoC, perhaps the medic can slowly heal them up if they are standing still before they reach full stamina…or perhaps the medic can sacrifice their stamina to heal, or perhaps give their stamina to another player.
    But “support” doesn’t mean healing only.
    They could replace the supply crates with support units who can give out arrows or throwing weapons.
    -Aren

Medics have already been discussed thoroughly, and ended in the conclusion, that medics are a bad idea.

• @WerQ:

@SlyGoat:

@Holy_Teal:

In AoC, when you spawn, there is several seconds before u start loosing stamina. You can sprint to the battle from your spawn, without being tired when u get there.
    I think they are going to keep this.

Why would they keep that???

• Despite the game having different classes, I think having too complicated classes with lots of combined abilities (like TF2) would make the game too arcade-ish, while having fewer classes with different weapons and playstyles (like DoD) would make the game more realistic, wich I think is the aim of the game. Teamwork should rely on occupying ceratin spots on the battlefield, or using certain routes, while either standing next to your teammates and helping them defeat the enemies, or flanking the enemy to cause a distraction, kill archers, or destroy high-value objectives. Losing because “we didnt have enough medics” kind of sucks IMO, specially in a game that aims for realism.

That said, I dont think the inclusion of an engineer class damages realism at all, he´s just a completely new style of play without adding magical buffs/healings/bonuses to other classes.

• “Why would they keep that???”

It was intentionally implemented so that so that you’d spend less time travelling and more time fighting.

• @Circle:

“Why would they keep that???”

It was intentionally implemented so that so that you’d spend less time travelling and more time fighting.

i did not know that :o