Few questions about tooltips and gameplay mechanics.

• The discriptions of some items lead me to think that there might be some special properties for certain weapons.

For example a Norse sword

A very fast dual-edged sword that has good reach and thrusts but limited cutting power.

Does this mean that its thrust attack damage is modified? Or does the game simply suggest that its more suited to perform such attacks?

Another thing im confused about are shields. “Weighting bearer down”, “keeping him agile” “reaction time” and other such descriptions can be seen here.
    So does having shield equipped slow down my movement speed? Does it slow down my swing speed or maybe time it takes to ready the shield?
    Or does the description simply translates what the stats say? As in some cost less and some cost more stamina to use.

Also if i have shield selected in my layout, but its on my back (im not using it), can it block arrows or hits that hit the shield?

Also i dont know where i read this but do maces deal extra damage to heavily armored opponents and swords deal more damage to light armor?

Does the thrust attack deal less damage if weapons design doesnt look like its good for such attacks? LIke axes and maces? Same question goes to swinging with a spear.

Thank you for your answers in advance.

• @Skvid:

Does this mean that its thrust attack damage is modified? Or does the game simply suggest that its more suited to perform such attacks?

Yes. Norse sword does more with stabbing and less with slashing. Falchion does more with slashing and less with stabbing. Broad sword is equal in both. A lot of weapons are like this, so be sure to keep an eye out for it.

@Skvid:

Another thing im confused about are shields. “Weighting bearer down”, “keeping him agile” “reaction time” and other such descriptions can be seen here.
    So does having shield equipped slow down my movement speed? Does it slow down my swing speed or maybe time it takes to ready the shield?
    Or does the description simply translates what the stats say? As in some cost less and some cost more stamina to use.

I’m pretty sure it just means they slow down your movement speed some for having them at all, be it on your back or out. All shields do this, even the buckler on Man at Arms, but the buckler is the smallest shield so it slows them down the least. The heavier the shield, the more it slows you down. All stamina usage is the same I’m pretty sure, and all swinging speed is the same. The only exception is if you use a 2h sword with one hand and shield as a knight (which you can do), which then your sword has less range and damage and speed than using two hands.

@Skvid:

Also if i have shield selected in my layout, but its on my back (im not using it), can it block arrows or hits that hit the shield?

Yes, all arrows are blocked if they hit the shield in any way, even if it’s on your back.

@Skvid:

Also i dont know where i read this but do maces deal extra damage to heavily armored opponents and swords deal more damage to light armor?

Yes, blunt weapons do bonus damage to knights/vanguards and slash/piercing does more to man at arms and archers. Some people say sword thrusts do more to knights/vanguards than slashing them too, but I haven’t found it to be true. Could be, though. But really, with the game balanced as it is, you should just use blunt weapons for everything, even against man at arms and archers. You’ll still kill them in the same amount of hits most of the time. Swords are just inferior currently.

@Skvid:

Does the thrust attack deal less damage if weapons design doesnt look like its good for such attacks? LIke axes and maces? Same question goes to swinging with a spear.

Yes. Axes and maces do terrible thrust damage, but spears still do some slashing damage. They just do most of their damage with thrusts because that’s how they were designed.