Wanting to buy this game, is it worth it?

• i have read lots of threads saying people cant play etc, but some people being able to play.

i had dreaming about a first person slasher for a long time since my runescape days and its really tempting to buy it.

what are the servers like? how many players can be there?
    are there healthy server status? like servers that are full etc.

plus im from Australia, how bad the lagg will be if anyone else from Aus has this game.

Thanks.

• Well most servers are for 24/32 players (and crowded), but there are a few 64 player servers. As far as I know, there are servers located in Australia so you should be able to play without lag.

The issue with not being able to play was because of Steam and it lasted a short while. And Steam may act up a little again, but overall there shouldn’t be a problem. I haven’t regret buying it in the least anyway.

• @Kwal:

Well most servers are for 24/32 players (and crowded), but there are a few 64 player servers. As far as I know, there are servers located in Australia so you should be able to play without lag.

The issue with not being able to play was because of Steam and it lasted a short while. And Steam may act up a little again, but overall there shouldn’t be a problem. I haven’t regret buying it in the least anyway.

how fluid is the gameplay?
    do you get angry/frustrated a lot?

i want to buy this game but i dont have credit card :(

• @headcutter10000:

@Kwal:

Well most servers are for 24/32 players (and crowded), but there are a few 64 player servers. As far as I know, there are servers located in Australia so you should be able to play without lag.

Get credit card. It help much. Go.

• @acrh2:

@headcutter10000:

@Kwal:

Get credit card. It help much. Go.

will steam accept gift cards though?

• @headcutter10000:

The gameplay is very fluid, but instead of me explaining it you’d be better off watching videos on Youtube ;) Of course you get killed a lot at first and that may lead to frustration, but it is often so hilariously brutal that I just laugh.

You can buy it with PayPal and if you link it to your bank account you don’t need a credit card. Steam even allows you to pay with IDeal, which also goes via your bank account but you don’t even have to register to anything for that.

• @Kwal:

@headcutter10000:

The gameplay is very fluid, but instead of me explaining it you’d be better off watching videos on Youtube ;) Of course you get killed a lot at first and that may lead to frustration, but it is often so hilariously brutal that I just laugh.

You can buy it with PayPal and if you link it to your bank account you don’t need a credit card. Steam even allows you to pay with IDeal, which also goes via your bank account but you don’t even have to register to anything for that.

ok ill see what i can do

• can only find beta :(
    16th was the release right?

• Yes, it’s worth it. Many times over! :D

• @SpaceSteak:

Yes, it’s worth it. Many times over! :D

Agree totally!

Watching YouTube videos as mentioned above gives you a good idea. You do die a lot - but you can kill a lot too, and the game moves along at a good clip. People tent to find which class suits them, which may take a little time.

Accidental team injury does occur as people are learning how to use their weapons and the controls - this makes some people angry - it doesn’t me unless its on purpose. I am having too much fun. most people say “sorry” when they accidentally kill a teammate and usually they respond “np”. There are always jerks who rage at everyone about everything - just ignore them and have fun.

• @SirThomas:

@SpaceSteak:

Yes, it’s worth it. Many times over! :D

Agree totally!

Watching YouTube videos as mentioned above gives you a good idea. You do die a lot - but you can kill a lot too, and the game moves along at a good clip. People tent to find which class suits them, which may take a little time.

Accidental team injury does occur as people are learning how to use their weapons and the controls - this makes some people angry - it doesn’t me unless its on purpose. I am having too much fun. most people say “sorry” when they accidentally kill a teammate and usually they respond “np”. There are always jerks who rage at everyone about everything - just ignore them and have fun.

And GOOD FIGHT. Oh my God, it’s so nice to play a game where even when people die, they say “good fight”. That’s the best testament to a game being good… if people are still happy after dying.

I think the good manners we see are because each kill is so much more personal than long ranged based games. With so much melee combat, we appreciate the fight and our opponents a lot more, and thus respect them more.

• i have watched a lot of videos from youtube.

but none are from the release date of 16th october.

• About buying without a credit card: GameStop (and maybe some others) sells Steam gift cards so you can pick up a $25 gift card and you’ll only have wasted a penny.

• I say this game is totally worth the money.

About your gift card issue, you can use gift cards on steam. I have used then all the time and always work. Recommend getting a visa giftcard though. Also you can do what slygoat said and go to a gamestop near you and get a steam gift card from them.

• @SlyGoat:

About buying without a credit card: GameStop (and maybe some others) sells Steam gift cards so you can pick up a $25 gift card and you’ll only have wasted a penny.

we dont have gamestop in australia
    i checked eb games they dont sell steam game cards

i can get prepaid visa gift card if that will work in Australia

• @SpaceSteak:

And GOOD FIGHT. Oh my God, it’s so nice to play a game where even when people die, they say “good fight”. That’s the best testament to a game being good… if people are still happy after dying.

I think the good manners we see are because each kill is so much more personal than long ranged based games. With so much melee combat, we appreciate the fight and our opponents a lot more, and thus respect them more.

I dunno, it’s actually a habit I got from playing Unreal :P

• The ability to chop someones head and limbs off with yer weapon is enough reason for me to buy the game.

• @headcutter10000:

@SlyGoat:

About buying without a credit card: GameStop (and maybe some others) sells Steam gift cards so you can pick up a $25 gift card and you’ll only have wasted a penny.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

• @SlyGoat:

@headcutter10000:

@SlyGoat:

I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

do you guys support pre paid visa gift cards if i bought directly from you guys?

• Payments on the humble store are made through Amazon, Google or PayPal - I don’t know if you can add cash to any of these with a prepaid card, have never tried.