How'd we do?

Because I have at fit at least an hour a day in my busy schedule. Because I’m hard at finding flaws, well I have before, but I can’t think of any right now, as stated by others, flaws are easily overlooked.

For one thing, versatility, 3 classes and each having 3 more subclasses so many weapons, so much tactics to be used and counter. And stamina plays into this very well, though there are those whiners that complain about stamina, I say they are just high energy and can’t appreciate what the endurance system really provides.

Being able to tire out gives far more dimension, and not just that more stamina doesn’t just mean more energy to fight on, but more damage dealt. Which gives all the more realism.

All in all, I’d say you gents at Team Chivalry, er now Torn Banner, really hit it home in drawing forth the medieval combat experience. And with that said, I can easily see the next evolution of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare being a treat most exquisite. And this was initially just from experience alone with AoC, the mouth watering details I’ve read maximized my intrigue.

• I gave it an 8. The armor design was OK, but looked a little wierd, especially the Masons. Other than that visual flaw, the only other flaws are attributable to the Source Engine, and are not your fault.

However, it is an EXTREMELY well done game, with a decent enough balance to keep it fun, if occasionally frustrating. I have never had as much fun wielding a longbow in a game before or since. Only thing that comes close is Oblivion, and even in that game, it’s much easier to use than AoC.

• @Ajax:

I gave it an 8. The armor design was OK, but looked a little wierd, especially the Masons. Other than that visual flaw, the only other flaws are attributable to the Source Engine, and are not your fault.

However, it is an EXTREMELY well done game, with a decent enough balance to keep it fun, if occasionally frustrating. I have never had as much fun wielding a longbow in a game before or since. Only thing that comes close is Oblivion, and even in that game, it’s much easier to use than AoC.

I completely disagree, have you seen the arrow travel speed in oblivion? Can’t be hatin on age of chivs archery because there is skill in it. 9/10 game 4 sure.

• True, the arrows are slow, but I mostly use archery while in sneak mode, so they’re not moving or aware of me anyway. XD

• @Ajax:

True, the arrows are slow, but I mostly use archery while in sneak mode, so they’re not moving or aware of me anyway. XD

Yeah there are some people in AoC who were incredible archers

• 10/10, I have a severely negative damage taken and Kill death Ratio, and lose my head like theirs no tomorrow, but that the fun part :P. I have many criticism, but only because a lot of player find a way to exploit the glitches of the game; however, I don’t believe that should figure negatively in the rating of Age of Chivalry, since it is the players who I address my grievances towards. But as long as there is not one of those people with a freking 50 kill 10 deaths ratio for one round, I have a heck of a time playing this game.

• I just saw this now… which is sad. I love AoC more then any other game ever made. I don’t have sex with inanimate objects but I would have age of chivalry’s babies…

• 10/10

Originality was tremendous, developed on SOURCE SDK, man at first site was that a shocker or what haha. Developer participation in the community was great, balance was fantastic, I mean seriously go look at other games pick selection and you won’t see near as much variety in the ranked or casual play matches in terms of class selection. On top of that it was free. A fair amount of updating, and the developers made the right choice of dropping everything they had and going into the creation of C:MW. The game was refreshing each play time.
    and those are just things on the spot of my head.
    cons:

• Little slow (then again I kind of liked it imho)
    • Source SDK undermined the fantastic development with bugs/glitches that the team shouldn’t be responsible to stitch a glitchy kit.
    • Another is the variety of weapons turns me a little bit off but honestly not too much of a need for that much of variety.
      -Big things to me are the simplistic blocking systems and sprinting through masses of people (project was abandoned prematurely so of course there were things that could have been refined and for no reason should be considered against the developers.)
      -Community was a little lack luster but these are cons for the game and my experience not just the creators and the reason for this was partially the lack of advertising, and interest in a new genre of play, as well as the learning curve…
      -Rant @ easier learning curve:( however the learning curve is what made me stick to the game but I guess you gotta feed the majority population more so, I also don’t like hard learning curves with mistakes that are extremely easy to identify as it makes the users act a little too similar, lacks creativity, dulls game play for example starcraft 2 has a tremendous learning curve and a new meta or style develops every 2-3 months in both the ranked and normal play, there is no *true mistake.)

Anyways those are my thoughts easy to identify 10/10 imo styled a new game set the standards and went for gold.

Only thing in the future that may stand to dis-crown C:MW is the increased mass of free to play games (that of course aim for profit now, such as LoL, the funcom franchise, and more to come I can assure you.)

• 9 / 10 ( he loses one point for graphics ) :P

• Glitches and exploits dropped my score to an 8.

It was so annoying that some bumface would run up to me, and stab through my shield, simply because he knew an exploit and I didn’t.

I heard that a lot of these problems aren’t possible anymore though because of the new hit detection. I hope chivalry is similar to Demon’s Souls in terms of hit detection, that game is insane(in a good way).

• @IronClaw Stabbing through your shield is a problem with lag, not an exploit. The person who stabbed you (on their screen) stabbed your back, but your screen displayed him still in front of you. This is from two different rates in the server for 1st and 3rd person. This won’t be possible in the new game.

• I, for one, am going to miss the glitches and exploits. It’s the flaws in someone that make us fall in love with them, not their strengths. And videogames are no different. I loved AoC for its OP HKs, and I like to think it loved me in return for my crooked smile and short temper.

• It’s okay there will be new things for people to complain about and call exploits and glitches there always is.

• No selection criteria, so can’t rate it.

Feedback is pretty standard (hit detection and server/player syncing issues), which is HOPEFULLY being fixed in the Unreal release.

I will say, AoC was kind of like being in a cartoon. Like a medieval version of TF2, but not as silly.

• I would give AoC 8/10. There are a lot of factors that make the game not as good as it could have been. Being an avid fan of the crusaders greathelm style helmet, I was a little disappointed when the crusaders’ helm was the same open-faced helm as the knight’s. However, you were only using HL2 source, so it was a bit reasonable for the lack of class diversity. Another issue i had (and still have since this is the game i mostly play when not playing Minecraft) is the bots’ AI. They always seemed to get stuck in the weirdest locations, then come in to battle when enemies are visible. For instance, on the Helms Deep map (great job on recreating it btw) the mason bots would somehow get behind the fence at the far end and not even get into the battle. The mod was pretty good however and although someone on the dev. team pointed it out, the hit detection system seams ok to me. In terms on weapons, AoC was good because it included the landschneckt flamberge, specific to the mason crusaders (you could tell by now that i play mainly as a crusader), while the agatha crusaders had a more noble European bastard sword.

Can’t wait until C:MW comes out for the public. :D

*I realize now that I go all over the place in this post :P

• AoC was a great game. One of the best games i’ve ever played. It had some glaring issues and lacked polish but somehow that added to, if not the initial experience, the end game experience.

Once you accept the glitches and little bugs were there to stay it became about using them and adapting to them.

Chivalry had a feint system but the same thing was accomplished in AoC just by moving your body like you were going to attack.

Pretty much everything that i wanted, as a new AoC player, they added to chiv. They put in feinting, limited the degrees you could alter your swings so there were not crazy overheads, made the dancing strategy favored by a lot of players unviable.

It lowers the skill ceiling to do that, but makes for a more polished and easy to pick up game (chivalry)

• Just add blood decals and damage on walls decals textures etc, and arrows must stick into dead bodies and the game is perfect for me !

• I played this game for nearly 5 years, and the only reason I stopped was because I acquired a beta key for Chivalry. SO many laughs were had, and it’s the only game that was able to pull me back into gaming time and time again. The learning curve was a bit high at first, but I loved watching myself progress in each class I invested time into. The day you walked onto the battlefield and just dominated for an entire round, parrying, dodging, playing the way the game was meant to be played….it was a beautiful day. It could affect my mood. We ran with some cool crews!

• 10 / 10 of course! I’ve been hooked up with this game ever since I started playing it, because the learning curve were so huge. There were rooms for tons of fighting style, and that’s what I especally love about it.

Fuck CoD games.

• 9/10
    The only thing I had a problem with was the lag effects and the hit detection. Other than that, it was a great game and I still play it even though I have Chivalry (but not that much). Best character in it was the Mason MAA, loved that bastard’s helmet and suit.