Swarming

• I dont understand why people only use horizontal attacks when there are fewer enemies around them than friendlies. You clearly have an advantage right there, use it instead of killing wounded friendlies with your big a$$ weapon swinging around. Chop or poke instead, be aware of your surroundings. PLEASE.

Thank You in advance.

• The game is fairly new, but it will eventually get better and better.

• Personally i play first person view, so sometimes i dont know if there are friendlies around me.

• @Sultanofswing:

Personally i play first person view, so sometimes i dont know if there are friendlies around me.

Plus your name is sultanofswing, you have to swing.

Ironically listening to Dire Straits right now.

• @SlyGoat:

@Sultanofswing:

Personally i play first person view, so sometimes i dont know if there are friendlies around me.

Plus your name is sultanofswing, you have to swing.

Ironically listening to Dire Straits right now.

Ehm… swing a dagger maybe instead…

• I have one move, and one move only. LMB with greatsword! :shield:

• I treat other team mates like they’re toxic zombies and stay away from them.

• @Chuckdatass:

I have one move, and one move only. LMB with greatsword! :shield:

But the halberd has the widest swings.

• @Chuckdatass:

I have one move, and one move only. LMB with greatsword! :shield:

As an archer there is only one thing I know how to do, and that is fire into a group of friendlies.

• I use to like to pretend I was Garen. Spin to win 24/7.

Honestly, I think if you see two or three people on one guy there is no need for anyone else to jump in. I use to do it all the time and things usually ended up badly… Now I just resist those urges.

• @Simply:

Honestly, I think if you see two or three people on one guy there is no need for anyone else to jump in. I use to do it all the time and things usually ended up badly… Now I just resist those urges.

Absolutely - I’d be fighting somebody quite happily, and suddenly two or possibly three of my team-mates would appear and ‘help’. The result was a very dead enemy and 3/4 of my own health depleted (from said team-mates). And I’d not even get the kill attributed to me.

It’ll never truly go away - people get the sense an easy kill is imminent and want to be the one that makes it, but hopefully when they play the game long enough and learn its nuances (and possibly mature into it) they’ll bypass such fights and learn what’s more important.

• Haha i know this one. Im happy fighting someone 1vs1 without someone backstabing, making good progress, then two vanguard teammates run in from behind wildly swinging. I backoff because i like to keep my head, and my poor opponent is cornered and swinged to death. Happens so many times.

• @Eek!:

Absolutely - I’d be fighting somebody quite happily, and suddenly two or possibly three of my team-mates would appear and ‘help’. The result was a very dead enemy and 3/4 of my own health depleted (from said team-mates). And I’d not even get the kill attributed to me.

Does the game have hitbox issues or something? I like to help teammates, but sometimes even carefully aimed overheads kill a friendly to the side of me instead of the enemy in front.

• Actually anyone with a halberd is Garen, because even when they have their back turned to me and I go near I still get hit.
    @LKAH:

Does the game have hitbox issues or something? I like to help teammates, but sometimes even carefully aimed overheads kill a friendly to the side of me instead of the enemy in front.

More likely a lag issue, ive never had it though.

• I think mostly people just want to rush in and get the kill, and horizontal swings are reliable attacks for that.

I hate 1v1’ing and wearing down a knight with a knife only to have some jackass teammate come rushing in trying to finish him off and injuring me in the process.

• @SOC:

I treat other team mates like they’re toxic zombies and stay away from them.

That is wise of you… You don’t want to get raped by your own teammates. :)

• Well, greatsword going trought a couple of enemies is an awesome moment but as a mechanic it backfired :|

• 'Tis the reason I think friendly fire needs to damage the person who actually hits their own teammates, as opposed to the teammates who get hit.

• I tend to stay away from large groups unless if I am protecting an objective. The kill stealing doesn’t bother me as much as having someone come swinging and chop my head off instead of the enemy. Which happened a few times in a game I was playing last night.

• Best thing is the people wildly swinging when spawning. Smashing your health down to 5% before you even made contact with the enemy… -.- Team damage needs to be a setting you can turn off, or be severly reduced.