Only your own team can call a vote against you.

• Only your own team should be able to call a vote to kick you. I have been kicked because of votes called by the other team, and that makes absolutley no sense. I have never been kicked because of my own team starting a vote. Yet, dominating a certain player, call up a vote, carrying my team, kicked, killing all the agathas on catapult? Kicked again! It is absolute rubbish.

Most games have it so that only your own team can call it against you, and it works quite well really. In left 4 dead hackers, cheaters, griefers are always being kicked by the team that has them.

• Ah, that’d be happening because using the Catapult as a Mason shows you as an Agathian; they think they are being teamkilled frequently, when they’re not.

• happened to me this morning …. got kicked because i was dominating a butthurt “noob” … he called two votes “in a row” ,the second got me kicked …

• This is already an option in the server configuration files, but disabled by default. I’ve only seen a few servers enable it.

PCServer-UDKGame.ini
    bOnlyTeammatesCanVoteKick=false

• You can call a kickvote against yourself :D

Just did it to myself when I spawned as the King; predictably the vote passed. ;) (I was leaving anyway)

The voting system definitely needs revising.
    Abstained votes should automatically count as no - so to successfully kick someone you need a 55% supermajority of the total server population, not just those bothering to cast a vote.

• @TehJumpingJawa:

Just did it to myself when I spawned as the King; predictably the vote passed. ;) (I was leaving anyway).

Yes, I’ve found many a time people will just vote to kick somebody despite having no actual idea why. I don’t know if they’re lazy, simply assume the person must have done something wrong or are merely glad it’s not them, but it happens time after time. I actually asked after a (successful) votekick why X person was booted out (because there was no explanation prior), and nobody seemed to know despite at least a few of them having to have clicked ‘Yes’ for it to pass. Crazy.

• @Eek!:

I actually asked after a (successful) votekick why X person was booted out (because there was no explanation prior), and nobody seemed to know despite at least a few of them having to have clicked ‘Yes’ for it to pass. Crazy.

Yeah, this whole issue feels like the basis for a disturbing essay on human psychology/mob mentality or something.

• i got kicked for attcking 2guys messing around in a FFA match…i was like wtPoop

• I just came from a game where two players on the opposing side kept spamming endlessly votekick against me and another player (and accusing me of being a TKer “in the last game”). I’m a very average player, but in this game I happened to top the scoreboard for my team. They also told everyone they would continue initiating votekicks until I was gone: earlier they’d votekicked some other player.

They kept on spamming it endlessly and endlessly, so I just spectated in another round and tried to reason with them. I tried to get them votekicked, but I succeeded in initialising it only once because they kept spamming all the while. They never got enough votes until one of the other players on the server got tired of the spam (and yelled at them about it) and then quit the game. At this point, they were able to votekick me with two votes.

There should be a hard and reasonably long (in minutes) timelimit to initiate a votekick against the same player(s), and sanctions for abusing it. As it is, you can’t expect people to votekick those who spam votekick, because they 1) stop paying attention to all votekicks 2) if the votekickers keep on spamming, it can be difficult to get a votekick against them through. Also allowing your own team to initiate a votekick against you should work, too.