Mechanics improvement and more

• Hi,

Iv’e ben playing this game for more than 100 hours now and here are my thoughts about some mechanics improvement :

1. Include the “kick” and the “shield push” into combos possibilities.

2. Allow MAA to dodge when they run and not only we they walk

3. Allow players to choose between the “One dodge button” or the double tap but not both at the same time. it’s just confusing since u sometimes double tap when u dont want to.

4. Do something about the run/walk mechanic !!! Right now u have to wait until u’ve finish an attack completely until u can finaly hit the run button… How many times did I hit the “toggle run button” not exactly at the right moment making me loose precious time… Here is what I propose : If u hit the “toggle run button” then u will run everytime u can run until u hit the same button again. Meaning that u dont have to toggle again the run button after u have killed an ennemy for instance. Maybe not the best solution but u seriously need to do something about it.

5. Slightly reduce the friendly fire damages :-)

6. Not moving gives u back faster your health than just walking.

7. Reduce the kick stamina cost. Third of ure bar is way too much.r

8. Slightly increase the time u can decide to do a combo.

Others improvements :

1. Automaticly sort servers by pings and not by names
    2. Add a “class” section into this forum with Archers, MAA, Vanguards and Knights subdivisions

• I agree with all of these but 6 and 7. Finally someone posts a bunch of suggestions as their first post that actually make sense :)

• You mean like shield push? Pushing enemy with your shield that is. Would be fantastic!!

Agree with all but not with 6 and 7.

• Agree with most of these except…

6 - Reducing friendly fire would only serve to encourage players to swing wildly. With the justification that they are doing more damage to the enemy than anyone else.

And friendly fire adds to the skill ceiling of the game. Fighting in a group and not hitting your teammates takes skill. Also FF adds to the immersion and authenticity. Medieval battle fields were chaotic places where you were just as likely to be hit by a fellow soldier than a enemy, especially with untrained and inexperienced soldiers.

Health regen I think is fine as is.

“1) Sort servers on the ping and not on the name”

Unless I misunderstand what you mean here. You can sort servers by ping, by clicking on “ping” on the server menu.

• Yea sorry. I just edited my post to make it more understandable ;-)
    “Sort servers by pings automatically when u get in the servers list instead of having to do it yourself”… is what I meant.

I agree for FF but I think it could be a little reduced now that the game is new and increased again when we will have more experienced players.

• @Blackleader:

I agree for FF but I think it could be a little reduced now that the game is new and increased again when we will have more experienced players.

What is the current penalty for a team kill, is it just -10 points?

I would prefer to go down the road of point and kill punishments as a deterrent. Minus 2 or 3 kills and 50 points for a team kill or something along those numbers I would start with.

• I can’t agree with number 2, 6 and 8.

2 because the Man at Arms is already a bit overpowered and it’s very easy to be abused (3 MaA attacking whatever else at once- impossible to kill.) just the way it used to be in Age of Chivalry (looks at the developers with a slightly suggestive smile). The Man at Arms was, and still is, one of the most annoying things to meet on the battlefield.

6 because, as someone already said, it would encourage people to spam lmb in teamfights, which is not healthy.

8 because kicking is, when used properly, a very useful and powerful tool. I say it should depend on what armor class you’re playing.

• @Darkwind28:

I can’t agree with number 2, 6 and 8.

2 because the Man at Arms is already a bit overpowered and it’s very easy to be abused (3 MaA attacking whatever else at once- impossible to kill.) just the way it used to be in Age of Chivalry (looks at the developers with a slightly suggestive smile). The Man at Arms was, and still is, one of the most annoying things to meet on the battlefield.

6 because, as someone already said, it would encourage people to spam lmb in teamfights, which is not healthy.

8 because kicking is, when used properly, a very useful and powerful tool. I say it should depend on what armor class you’re playing.

Im 100% with you on this one ;)
    MAA is allready way to overpowered. He needs a cool down on those evade. Every MAA wanna be, spam the evade function.
    MAA cane asy do 6 to 1 kill…or even better :? Not to good for game play :(