Archer weps

• i think maybe a sling and/or gun should be in just suggestion

• No thanks to guns, would ruin this game so much!!

• @roflcopter:

i think maybe a sling and/or gun should be in just suggestion

This Swedish guy has got it down.

• Slings were mentioned as a potential new weapon in the last Q&A video.

• I think by gun he meant the old Matchlock style ones used sort of during that time period (actually a little after) But they would not fit the period I think.

• I support the sling Idea, (already being worked on) but the gun one?

I don’t mean to offend you or anything, but I just dont like the idea.

• thanks for the feedback

• I’m not sure more ranged weapons would make the game better.

• There are plenty of shooters with guns in existence.
    I don’t mind the sling, but what would the benefit of a sling be over that of a bow?

• @Easterlake:

No thanks to guns, would ruin this game so much!!

agree

• @Sir:

There are plenty of shooters with guns in existence.
    I don’t mind the sling, but what would the benefit of a sling be over that of a bow?

historically slings had greater or equal range, more ammunition and were very light weight. though i can see a good spot in chivalry with it. it could have a fast re-fire rate (re-load time) with high ammunition, but low damage. with bows in chivalry it takes a few seconds to switch to your secondary, with the sling it could be almost instantaneous, making it another weapon you could skirmish with, though it would only do blunt damage. if you’re looking for a heavier sling there is such a thing as a staff sling, giving the sling more power but slower re-fire rate. You could opt to using the staff part in melee as well. in competitive play it could be used to force plays to play defensively, or to force archer out of position.

• It would be really nice if the archers would have their first blunt-projectile in the game, to deal more damage against these armoured fools. Sling should have an opportunity to choose between ammunition. Rocks may serve as unlimited amount of ammunition, while round-shaped steel balls could serve as a higher damaging sling, but no longer being able to have as many throw at the enemy as they like.

I vote for giving archers their first blunt-projectile!!! If it will be made so.