NEW CLASS: PEASENT/FARMER!!!

• The weakest of all forms, very weak in close combat and merely a support unit…

However… they run and dodge much more faster, can evade and keep the spirit up high. There’s no armour at all, except for their shorts, long sleeve shirt and leather boots. They are armed with pitchfork, hammers(not warhammer), wooden clubs(not Cudgel), broken bottles, slings, hunting knife, small wood axe, fists, kicks, throw rotten vegatables, spears/staff and javelins. (more to come)

Could be used as a objective snatcher, runs in and takes the objective meanwhile all others are fighting. Their life is very low, a arrow to the knee results 8-9% HP left but they can be used as some sort of meat shield or bait. They are not being OP since it would take 2-3 of them to kill just one M-A-A.
    This class should be the only class able to dual-wield due to their weak form. You can’t have two of the same thing, but a broken bottle and a hammer ain’t that wrong, right?

Sling: A ranged weapon, their only weapon for distance! This weapon contains a pocket and piece of rock, a very hard weapon to use, once mastering it, you can be somewhat good support after all… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_%28weapon%29

How-to-use: You start sling it by holding down your left mouse button. You aim for your target. You let it go, at the same time you draw your mouse downwards so your projectile can fly straight forward and hit it’s target. Has a range of 50m (164 feet).

What do you guys think? :)

• While the finer details would most definitely have to be worked out, I agree that this is an interesting idea.

If it was fleshed out a good amount, I’d definitely stand behind it.

• Lol i remember back in the Age of Chivalry era players would argue to put in a peasant class that would have a pitchfork, small wood shield, and a pile of cow shit/dirt to throw at enemies to blind them lol. Nostalgia overwhelming.

Back to the topic: This would be great for a riot co-op or something like that, your troops are in a city/ castle full of angry peasants or criminals and you’d get swarmed if you strayed away from the war party.

Or maybe just have this class be controlled by peasant AI in an city pillaging map. The peasants would be able to defend themselves (Barely) against the attackers while supporting the defending team.

• Farmers should be able to throw tomatoes at people, which causes a huge splat on your enemies screen.

• Maybe not a peasent class but perhaps game modes that had them as an active class. since you said they need 5 peasents to kill a MAA that might not attract all too many players to play as it.

• sounds like fun :D

• on that maybe like a hero/unlock class liek in battlefront 2 how you unlocked the jedi

• @Martin:

Farmers should be able to throw tomatoes at people, which causes a huge splat on your enemies screen.

I’m gonna add that, throw rotten vegatables!

@xFEARx:

Maybe not a peasent class but perhaps game modes that had them as an active class. since you said they need 5 peasents to kill a MAA that might not attract all too many players to play as it.

I wrote that 5 in the morning, I’ve changed that part. Now it takes about 2-3 Peasents to kill one MAA.

• Who would want to play such a weak class if not for lolz

• Paesant weaker than other classes but runs fast. One team consists of any of the other classes, the other of twice as many paesants who respawn faster. Fun for both because as a paesant you are in action all the time and as the other class you can kill many paesants before dying therefore feeling useful.
    But this is a joke thread right?

• @Umbra:

Who would want to play such a weak class if not for lolz

What a bad comment for someone who’s actully playing games that are made in the first place for ‘lolz’.

@Sultanofswing:

Paesant weaker than other classes but runs fast. One team consists of any of the other classes, the other of twice as many paesants who respawn faster. Fun for both because as a paesant you are in action all the time and as the other class you can kill many paesants before dying therefore feeling useful.
    But this is a joke thread right?

It is a suggestion which can be fleshed out even better if people came with both constructive and negative perspectives about it. If this were a joke then I wouldn’t make this thread. You aren’t that bright to see that are you?

• It’s a good idea, but i guess if it had an armor like the archers armor it would be better.
    Weak but still not THAT weak. The broadhead arrows would have more use than just kill archers too.

They could use simple weapons, but this doesn’t mean they would not kill, it would just be harder to kill.
    Some weapons could be a blacksmithing hammer, clubs, pitchforks, etc.

It can work, but would need much, much more polishment and an unique ability good enough to be viable!

• @Easterlake:

@Umbra:

What a bad comment for someone who’s actully playing games that are made in the first place for ‘lolz’.

Alright lets introduce cavalry, jesters, court ladies and bards, because why not

• @Umbra:

@Easterlake:

@Umbra:

Alright lets introduce cavalry, jesters, court ladies and bards, because why not

Fine, do a thread about and see if your in for some luck. Stop wasting breath on this thread then.

• @Easterlake:

It is a suggestion which can be fleshed out even better if people came with both constructive and negative perspectives about it. If this were a joke then I wouldn’t make this thread. You aren’t that bright to see that are you?

I came up with something even better, because you didnt. After all who wants to be “meatshield or bait” class? Thats a substantial enough reason to think you are a troll.

• I agree with your concept but disagree with the execution.

Farmer should have the following primary/secondary/tertiary weapons:

Primaries:

Shovel - quite slow to swing (shovels aren’t known for being aerodynamic), deals slash/blunt on all of its attacks, and when used to stab the ground you can dig holes and throw shovelfulls of dirt at enemies to deal minor damage and obscure their vision, forcing them to squint and blink frequently until the dirt is removed. Shovel variants include a short, broad shovel which can throw more dirt and deal more damage at the cost of speed and range, and a long, narrow shovel which can attack and throw dirt further and faster though it does less damage and throws less dirt.

Hammer and Toolbelt - as a melee weapon it acts like a very weak mace, but its most potent aspect is the belt full of nails and planks and other such things which you can use to make minor repairs, or minor sabotages. Sabotage the enemy cart/ram/etc. to make it move slower - repair your own to undo the damage, or even enhance it to make it roll and ram faster! You can similarly dismantle and augment siege weapons to make them perform better or worse, and with enough time and teamwork you can even reconstruct destroyed objectives like trebuchets. Comes in three varieties - a balanced kit, a kit which excels at sabotage, and a kit which excels at repairs.

Rake and Seed Bag - as a melee weapon the rake deals piercing/blunt damage and has the longest reach of the peasant’s weapons, but quite low damage - and rather than knocking enemies away, it pulls them towards you! Again the purpose lies in the utility. Smack the ground with your rake until you find a patch of fertile dirt, and then plant your seeds. After a brief period of time your crops will sprout up, and the longer you let them grow the more potent they’ll be! You can then smack them with the rake again to harvest them, and throw them at your teammates (or alt-fire to consume them yourself) to provide various benefits. Comes in three varieties of seed - Corn is filled with energy, causing your stamina to slowly regenerate even in combat and speeding stamina regeneration when out of combat, as well as boosting your sprint speed; Beans are a good source of protein and make you fight harder due to excess muscle growth, increasing your damage and swing speed; and Potatoes are a durable food which cause your health to regenerate even while in combat, and increases the regeneration rate when out of combat.

**Secondaries:
    Pig - Deploys your prized pig to fight for you. Pigs will dig up and devour enemy crops to gain their benefits and attack by sprinting into enemies, knocking them over momentarily and then kicking mud on to them. Small pig moves fastest but cannot knock over knights, medium pig has balanced movement with the ability to knock over knights but less damage, and large pig moves slowest but hits hardest. Enemies that are knocked over will get up quickly, and pigs can only charge every few seconds - and they will be unable to turn while charging, meaning the attack is avoidable.

Dog - Dogs aren’t as durable as pigs and don’t knock enemies over, but they’ll hit hard when ignored, biting and clawing enemies for far more damage than pigs can deal. All dogs deal the same damage, but bigger dogs attack and move slower while having more health.

Tertiaries:

Rocks - Throws rocks at enemies, dealing very light damage. Rocks have unlimited ammo and will very briefly disorient enemies on headshots.

Rotten Tomatoes - Throws rotten tomatoes at enemies, dealing damage to stamina instead of health, slowing enemies, and disabling their ability to sprint for a brief period. Can throw 10 rotten tomatoes before running out of ammo.

Scraps - Throws food scraps, directing your pet Pig/Dog to attack a certain enemy and deal extra damage until the enemy is dead and the scraps devoured. Can throw 3 scraps before running out of ammo.

Broken Shield - The Broken Shield is unable to block attacks. Instead, it’s thrown like a frisbee. If it strikes an enemy anywhere but the neck, it does no damage - however, a neck hit will decapitate the enemy instantly. One Broken Shield per resupply. (FRISBEES OP)

• Nice ideas SlyGoat! Wan’t me to add them? :D

@Sultanofswing:

@Easterlake:

I came up with something even better, because you didnt. After all who wants to be “meatshield or bait” class? Thats a substantial enough reason to think you are a troll.

Your suggestion haven’t apperantly been agreed by others, therefore your alone with your idea compared to mine. Cool story bro, now what? Report me for trolling? Go ahead and see if the Dev’s care.

That’s okay your already recieved the fool’s mark.

• Let’s keep it peaceful guys. After all, we’re discussing the closest thing this game has to a pacifist - the lowly peasant caught up in the middle of this unfortunate conflict!

• @SlyGoat:

Let’s keep it peaceful guys. After all, we’re discussing the closest thing this game has to a pacifist - the lowly peasant caught up in the middle of this unfortunate conflict!

Its peaceful, aside from OP getting butthurt at criticism. Your suggestion sounds semi-usefull but limiting the peasents martial side would be a bad idea if you want it to be a viable option. If a peasent donwing a knight is something you want to somewhat limit ,in your view of that class, you should just give the utility ideas to archers or MAA instead of creating a new martialy inferior class.

• You can’t have a utility class who’s also a good melee class. Might as well give archers tower shields and warhammers in addition to their ranged weapons.