Adding Camera Shake + Head Bobbing

• Does the Unreal Engine allow Camera shake and head bobbing?

Anyways if it does, a little camera shake when being hit in the head would be nice. Head bobbing would apply for sprinting movements, or jumping.

Head bobbing/camera shake intensity should be controlled in the options menu, also the ability to disable it for those people who get motion sickness easily.

Why? Because it would add a nice atmosphere ingame, especially making the head on charges even more epic. I mean look at BF3, they use a whole bunch of camera shakes and bobbing and it turned out fairly well in a atmospheric view point.

(P.S. I’ve yet to buy the game, been watching tons of videos and didnt see any bobbing…and am very excited for this game)

• Every one is entitled to a opinion, but do you not think you should have actually played the game before offer suggestions for improvements to game-play. Watching videos does not qualify in my book.

Head bobbing: At the moment there are many other more impotent things for the devs to be working on. As it is only aesthetic and would not add anything meaningful to game-play I would say no for now.

Camera shake: Melee combat can be chaotic and confusing as it is, being shot by unseen archers, trying to keep a eye on several players movement while fighting the guy in front of you. Camera shake would be far too disorientating in the heat of battle, surrounded by enemy’s all trying to lop your head off. In BF3 you are having bombs, rockets, tanks shells etc, exploding around you. None of this happens in Chivalry. So the comparison does not fit.

• @Cheesus:

Does the Unreal Engine allow Camera shake and head bobbing?

Anyways if it does, a little camera shake when being hit in the head would be nice. Head bobbing would apply for sprinting movements, or jumping.

Head bobbing/camera shake intensity should be controlled in the options menu, also the ability to disable it for those people who get motion sickness easily.

Why? Because it would add a nice atmosphere ingame, especially making the head on charges even more epic. I mean look at BF3, they use a whole bunch of camera shakes and bobbing and it turned out fairly well in a atmospheric view point.

(P.S. I’ve yet to buy the game, been watching tons of videos and didnt see any bobbing…and am very excited for this game)

It would be down right annoying, you’ll understand when you play the game.

• @Po1ymorph:

Camera shake: Melee combat can be chaotic and confusing as it is, being shot by unseen archers, trying to keep a eye on several players movement while fighting the guy in front of you. Camera shake would be far too disorientating in the heat of battle, surrounded by enemy’s all trying to lop your head off.

But it does add purpose nevertheless. Chaotic and confusing, yes for the defender. But for the attacker that could be the whole purpose.

• @Ariful:

@Po1ymorph:

Camera shake: Melee combat can be chaotic and confusing as it is, being shot by unseen archers, trying to keep a eye on several players movement while fighting the guy in front of you. Camera shake would be far too disorientating in the heat of battle, surrounded by enemy’s all trying to lop your head off.

But it does add purpose nevertheless. Chaotic and confusing, yes for the defender. But for the attacker that could be the whole purpose.

Actully they should add this for more of a realistic theme. Medieval Ages is about chaos, darkness and the cold ideal of being into battle.

• Well if Chivalry follows the direct concept of their mod, which i’ve played back in its prime, i’d imagine that it would be a good addition to the game in an atmospheric way aka really chaotic.

Hell if they do add the camera effects, just give an option to disable it server side. So tender foot players will keep to their servers and the hardcores keep to the hardcore based servers.

• I hope they don’t do this. Melee combat makes you ill as it is from all the flashing armor, swinging and shakes you get from blocking.

• I believe it is already quite shakey when you’re getting hit. At least it feels this way.

• @Siegbert:

I believe it is already quite shakey when you’re getting hit. At least it feels this way.

If I take my knife towards your shoulder, will you panic for 5 seconds and then everything becomes slightly okay or will you scream in agony and pain? See everything turning chaotic, losing control and even faith of what your doing.