Custom Content for AoC

• Is there anyone out there that would still be interested in producing custom maps for AoC? I have been away from the game for a while but I would really like to start mapping again for the old game. If anyone is interested in producing custom content for AoC I would like to hear from you. I don’t want to tread on the toes of the developers with this thread. This is specifically aimed at people not involved with the development of the new game but who would be intersted in producing custom maps for AoC. It would be great to get some help from anyone capable of producing models, materials etc.

• Greetings!

I may have something of interest for you, Keeshna. Over a year ago, during the height of my AoC fanaticism, I began working on a custom map. However, after a couple of weeks of mapping I had to stop working on the project for various reasons - mainly increasing lack of free time. I managed to finish the overall structure of the map (bsp and decorations) but failed to implement mission objectives and improve the optimisation.

The map, called aoc_heresy, was supposed to be a mix of a castle siege and indoor combat. At first, the battle takes place on a sunny mountain top, where a group of Agathian knights tries to reclaim a desecrated monastery from the hands of Mason heretics. After taking control of the walls the Agathians start to realise that the monastery has become a place of dark rituals and unholy worship. Then the fighting descends underground into the Mason’s dark lair to finally reach the black temple of evil.

Below I posted some screens of the map (click them for larger images):

First Agathian spawn

Ruined monastery walls and main gate

Inside the walls

Bell tower

Near Mason outdoor spawn

’Inside’ the ruined temple. Underground access barricaded with planks

Entrance to the Mason undergrounds

Feast hall

Prison and torture room

Level 2 hallway

Sacrifice chamber

The black temple

The black temple - ceiling detail

The black temple - view from the skull throne

I’m ready to give the map’s source files to someone willing to finish the project. The map requires adding objectives - both triggers and objects, spawn points and optimisation in some areas. Also the background of the outdoor part is missing.

I think that with some work this could turn out to be a really fun map. So if you are willing to help me with this, feel free to post in this topic or PM me!

• Hi Alpha. I would be happy to take a look at the map to see what I could come up with to make it into a playable map. As you say, the structure of the map is complete. Did you have any objectives in mind when you were working on the map?

• Yes, I have all the objectives planned out and the map sections reflect that. I’m currently super busy with my exams at the university so I can’t really go in detail with those things right now. But if you are ready to work on the map I can later this week prepare for you a detailed descriptions of the planned game flow, the objectives and overviews of all map sections. Does this sound like a good idea to you?

• Yes Alpha, you note down how you see the map objectives working and we’ll take it from there.

• Great! I started working on the overview. It should be ready by the end of the week.

• Looks pretty darn awesome. Just sound of when this map is available on a server so we can test it.

• Hello all. Age of chivalry is my favorite source engine mod and i dont understand why it has so less of custom content, unlike the other mods. I have my own AOC server (located on my PC) and i made some custom stuff for it, so check it out:

My coop map that i made a long time ago:

Contains 5 objectives (2 bosses), only Agatha team is playable (i dont know how to force players to join one team, so they still can join mason but cant spawn, because theres no spawnpoints for them). This map is a bit laggy especially in the beginning, when the most of NPCs are alive, so be ready for some lags.

Note: this map requires point_servercommand entity to be enabled, if you use mani plugin, or any others, disable function that deletes this important thing.

Heres download link and some screens (sorry for imageshack, i used it because this forum dont accept large images, i know it sucks):

http://depositfiles.com/files/7k8ymtxsu

My crappy admin skins (this is just a my reskins for model, that i find in AOC game files):

here is a little video: http://youtu.be/RRbxjODJKl0

download: http://depositfiles.com/files/tkp29rgrc

Note: some weapons dont work correctly with this skins (weapons with shield and some two-handers); crusader, men-at-arms and sergeant (without shields) works fine.

Not all of the skin-chose plugins combatible with Age of chivalry, but this one works good: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=780243

Now, the most stupid thing that i made (not me at all, this plugin was originally made by NatalyaAF for CSS, i just edited it a little) is the weapon spawning plugin that allows you to have any weapon with any class. (Sorry, not any, if you already have a weapon on, for example, slot 3, you cant take another one for same slot).

Screens:

download: http://depositfiles.com/files/bug7hhgjq

here is the link for original CSS plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=944597

Type sm_pizda in the console for enable the menu (all players can use it, so if you want this only for admins, dont tell anybody about this command!)

Thats all, thanks you for reading, and i hope you like it.

• OMGOMGOMG

dude ur such a slashor on that vid :mrgreen:

nah jks, but omg ive never seen your server before or anyone who had that weapon swap ability (mason footman, with agatha 2hsword would look soooo epic). I didn’t know there was any other addons for aoc but this looks so cool man! I would probably have fainted if i could understand all of those console command things lol.

what’s your server IP because i would love to play that zombie map sometime :D

• Hey Keeshna, I’ve sent you a PM, check out your inbox.

• Ok Alpha, I downloaded from the link in the PM. For some reason I’m being prevented from sending PM’s. I can receive but not send.

Here is some screenshots of a zone capture map that I’m working on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Should be fixed for you Keeshna. You should be able to send PM’s now.

• @b3h47pte:

Should be fixed for you Keeshna. You should be able to send PM’s now.

Ok. Cheers

• hey i see you have a map for Aoc, I’m searching for answers for how to setup hammer for Aoc, because the -Dxlevel is all messed up ,and if i create a short cut and change the dxlevel it crashes.
    need help cause i set up the hammer editer like any other mod.

• I see that this is an old thread but I have been working on converting maps from other games for AOC. I have almost 6 maps and just need some more tweaking to get them up and running. I will post them as soon as they are completed.

• I know it’s been a while coming but I’ve now uploaded an Age of Chivalry map called aoc_battle_for_fort_haven to GameBanana if anyone is interested. It’s not been play tested so if you find any problems like missing materials please let me know. It’s a zone capture map that takes place within Fort Haven. a Royal Knights stronghold. There are 6 areas within the castle grounds that you have to stand in for 20 seconds to capture. If your side captures all six zones you take control of Fort Haven and win the battle. If there is no clear winner after 30 mins a random winner is selected. I wanted the team that was in control of the most zones after the time limit to win but never got round to changing the end game rules. Nevertheless, the map should be quite playable in it’s current state. I am a little concerned that some materials may be missing from the map. If there is, please take some screenshots and I will fix them. This would be a good idea for the Chivalry and I have already started looking at tutorials on UDK.

You can grab the map here:-

http://files.gamebanana.com/maps/aoc_ba … _haven.zip

• @Keeshna:

I know it’s been a while coming but I’ve now uploaded an Age of Chivalry map called aoc_battle_for_fort_haven to GameBanana if anyone is interested. It’s not been play tested so if you find any problems like missing materials please let me know. It’s a zone capture map that takes place within Fort Haven. a Royal Knights stronghold. There are 6 areas within the castle grounds that you have to stand in for 20 seconds to capture. If your side captures all six zones you take control of Fort Haven and win the battle. If there is no clear winner after 30 mins a random winner is selected. I wanted the team that was in control of the most zones after the time limit to win but never got round to changing the end game rules. Nevertheless, the map should be quite playable in it’s current state. I am a little concerned that some materials may be missing from the map. If there is, please take some screenshots and I will fix them. This would be a good idea for the Chivalry and I have already started looking at tutorials on UDK.

You can grab the map here:-

http://files.gamebanana.com/maps/aoc_ba … _haven.zip

downloaded it and played it for a frew minutes! pretty good work fella!