Javelin's thrust attack needs to be stronger

• I know it’s a range weapon, but when it’s melee attack is as weak as a dagger, there’s a problem. Please make it a little stronger. Maybe around 45%.

• I agree, right now, your shield would do more damage than the javelin itself.

• Back in Age of Chivalry we had the javelineer class who could deal massive damage by stabbing enemies with his javelin. Now this is no longer the case, simply because there’s the Vanguard, who can use a spear to do this. Still, the javelin stab should deal a bit more damage. While we’re at the javelins, they should either take some less time to draw or fly a bit faster / further. I feel like the javelins need a slight buff.

• @Darkwind28:

Back in Age of Chivalry we had the javelineer class who could deal massive damage by stabbing enemies with his javelin. Now this is no longer the case, simply because there’s the Vanguard, who can use a spear to do this. Still, the javelin stab should deal a bit more damage. While we’re at the javelins, they should either take some less time to draw or fly a bit faster / further. I feel like the javelins need a slight buff.

Not to sure on this one yet :?
    I stoped playing with Javelin because the unlock counter is stuck on 22 :o
    But for now i feel DMG is ok. However! Shield is useless :| Cant really block anything…or maybe i just havent figured out how to use shield on Javelin 8-)

• The trick with the javelin is to utilize the backstab perk as much as possible. Make the most of your agility and aim for the sides and back! You’ll find the weapon to be plenty powerful once you accept the fact that you aren’t supposed to try and fight a knight by poking him in the chest repeatedly.

• @Exiled:

I stoped playing with Javelin because the unlock counter is stuck on 22

It’s not stuck at 22, it’s just that the only way to progress with it at the moment is to kill by thrusting with it. Killing with the shield or by throwing the javelin will not unlock anything.

• I disagree, the javelin’s damage is not that bad, and it’s quite fast. A 45% damage buff would make the javelin’s stabs two shot everything short of a knight, which is too powerful imho. A bit more reach would be more adequate. The heavy javelins on the other hand…they need quite a large buff…almost identical damage to normal javelins but much slower. They would need like +5-10 damage on stab and/or a faster attack speed.

But imho the whole javelineer class needs some love…they are super squishy and are not fast either. they shouldn’t be better in melee than other classes, but right now you’re better of with a bow/crossbow and a cudgel/thrusting dagger, which makes you both better at melee AND ranged…

• I find the damage to be alright, what bugs me is the long recovery period after an attack. You’re super open, and any knight or vanguard can just trade hits with you and take you in 1 shot most of the time while you’re unable to do anything. Reduce the recovery and make stabs and shield bashes able to combo together and the melee is fine.

• @SlyGoat:

I find the damage to be alright, what bugs me is the long recovery period after an attack. You’re super open, and any knight or vanguard can just trade hits with you and take you in 1 shot most of the time while you’re unable to do anything. Reduce the recovery and make stabs and shield bashes able to combo together and the melee is fine.

I’d second that. It’s not the power nor the speed of the melee hits that feels innapropriate but the time it takes to recover from those (or a throw). Still a blast to play! (I may be a little masochist …)

• I agree that the javelin attacks should be stronger, but I guess that’s why you need to unlock Heavy Javelin :D