Javalin Class Improvements

• Okay so I’ve been playing for three days now and I’m around rank 17. The javalin class is a really fun class it seems, kinda like playing a gladiator of old. However, it seems to be quite a bit buggier then the rest of the classes. So here are a few improvements I feel could be made to make the class less of a nightmare to play.

- Decrease the amount of time till you can use a shield again after throwing a Javelin. Its current almost 3x as long as any other classes recovery time, and can be an instant killer. It also makes no sense, after throwing your Javalin you don’t suddenly lose your shield to block with.

- As its an archery class, it also suffers from the lag switching to a new weapon (not as bad a the above problem however)

- Implement “C” challenge ability for Javelins, it doesn’t have one.

Three very simple changes that would make a world of difference for this class. But three very glaring issues sadly.

• These fixes would greatly improve the Javelin class. I have been a big fan of it, but the length of time it takes before you can block again is way to long. And while it seems small, the inability to join in my teams war cries at the beginning of a match always leaves me a little disappointed. Sure I can laugh, but its not quite the same.

• I love to play a javelin, they are quite powerful. This i feel is why the lag is there when it comes to shielding oneself. Its melee damage could be a little higher, but not too much as having melee and ranged in one weapon is a huge perk.

Javs are very strong overall and thats why I support the delay. To get around it fi the enemy is charging draw your dagger. Its faster than waiting for your shield to rise up again.

• Post some videos of yourself doing well as a javelineer and topping the charts then ill believe your sweet words that javelin is powerful.

• will when i can, the issue is im trying to unlock the next one… pure melee javelin is very tough but once you learn2aim javelins are an asset to the team. I am by no means pro, i havent had the game for long but I consider a positive KD to be doing good.

• I think the javelin is OP. I get continually 1shotted by them and with the current reload bug they can just throw them as fast as they can change weapons. That, and the fact that their ranged weapon doubles as a melee weapon…

• That one second delay after shooting a javelin has got me killed a lot. IMO, it is to long. The class has the potential to be very lethal if it weren’t for them charging at you while you try and use your shield. It’s annoying to say the least.

• @shadowsora18:

and with the current reload bug they can just throw them as fast as they can change weapons. That, and the fact that their ranged weapon doubles as a melee weapon…

Wrong, switching weapons takes about 0.7s while throwing a javelin using the weapons switch inbetween takes ~3s. And the javelin is a poor melee weapon, no better than the secondarys archers get.

• @Sultanofswing:

@shadowsora18:

and with the current reload bug they can just throw them as fast as they can change weapons. That, and the fact that their ranged weapon doubles as a melee weapon…

Wrong, switching weapons takes about 0.7s while throwing a javelin using the weapons switch inbetween takes ~3s. And the javelin is a poor melee weapon, no better than the secondarys archers get.

You aren’t using the bug right. You can swap literally instantly and your fire rate is then capped at how long it takes to throw javelins.

• You mean how long it takes you to rise the javelin above your head and throw it? Thats still not 0.7s.

• @shadowsora18:

I think the javelin is OP. I get continually 1shotted by them and with the current reload bug they can just throw them as fast as they can change weapons. That, and the fact that their ranged weapon doubles as a melee weapon…

@SlyGoat:

You aren’t using the bug right. You can swap literally instantly and your fire rate is then capped at how long it takes to throw javelins.

I don’t think it is very fair to judge the power of a class based on a current bug/exploit. I think it can be safe to assume that the bug itself will eventually be fixed. Once it is, the issue of a slow reload time that the javelin suffers from will still remain an issue. We shouldn’t be basing our opinion of a class of how it plays using exploits and bugs, but rather how it plays in normal game play. As it is now, when not using exploits or bugs, the javelin class has a very long delay, and it should be addressed.

• I believe the current slowness of javelins is also a bug, though there’s been no confirmation on it. Javelins were much faster to throw and reload during beta, but a few bugs were fixed with them and then the slowness started (and slowing down javelins was never listed as a balance change or anything).

I’ll try and ask Tibbs about this some time.

• That would be great Slygoat. If it is a bug, then presumably, we are all making much ado about nothing, as it will get fixed anyways.

• 7:20 PM - SlyGoat: tibbers, is the super long jav reload intended?
    7:25 PM - Tibberius Bane: no

Probably fair to cease discussions on jav balance until next patch.

• @SlyGoat:

7:20 PM - SlyGoat: tibbers, is the super long jav reload intended?
    7:25 PM - Tibberius Bane: no

Probably fair to cease discussions on jav balance until next patch.

Agreed. No point in discussing on possible fixes for a problem that is already planned to be fixed.