Shortbow - increased mobility?

• Hello all,
    Woke up, pissed, showered and boom, a light bulb went off. The short bow is weak due to its supposed increased fire rate - but is 30% too low? For the warbow you can hit the target once and stab him 1-2 times with your secondary to kill the target. What if for the short bow, the archer can sprint or move at normal speeds while drawing the arrow (if that’s the correct term), while the drawback can be something simple, such as reduced accuracy. I think this would make the short bow much more interesting to use.

• Your friendly neighborhood barbarian archer.

• Yeah agree with you the Shortbow should have a more increased mobility thinking of its size!

• Terrible idea, the game would become a kite fest. You would see people running around kiting and delaying whilst shooting their bow, annoying and nothing like medieval combat

• Generally archers already kite, if the opponent is wounded the archer will generally confront the foe. I’m not suggesting an increase in run speed or anything, just let the short bow grant running and shooting. It’s not like an archer can run faster than a MAA or a vanguard to start off with, kiting won’t last long if you are an archer.

• @acrazybarbarian:

Generally archers already kite, if the opponent is wounded the archer will generally confront the foe. I’m not suggesting an increase in run speed or anything, just let the short bow grant running and shooting. It’s not like an archer can run faster than a MAA or a vanguard to start off with, kiting won’t last long if you are an archer.

I agree with you and this should be implemented to the short xbow too!
    The short xbow would be much more fun to play and i believe this is the right way to use a short xbow, on movement, not walking slowly while aiming!

• Err… this is already the case. You’re barely slowed at all when firing the short bow, and you actually can sprint and fire it if you start sprinting BEFORE the arrow is nocked (though you do lose accuracy doing this). Meanwhile when you’ve got the war bow drawn back you can barely move at all. This is why I like the short bow over the other bows, I prefer to play archer as more of a skirmish class, getting a few shots off and then meleeing, or supporting my team close to the action.